Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Clonmel musician WINS Hotpress/Emeraz music competition.

Options
  • 14-02-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭

I've cleared this with a Mod earlier asking permission to post this here.

Clonmel musician David O' Connor in collaboration with Pat Byrne and Dave McShane have reached the final of an Emeraz/Hotpress music competition to win a €10,000 professional music video.

The competition has entered into the public voting phase on Facebook where they need as many "like" clicks as possible on the their voting page. So...I'm asking for lots of local support. Follow this link www.emerazvoting.com to the voting page, scroll to the song by Pat Byrne called "One of Those", give it a listen and click the like button. There are prizes to be won by those that vote.

David laid down all the electric guitar you hear including the eerie intro and ending to the track. Enjoy it, share it on your Facebook with friends and spread the word!

Phew! Just a snippet of the whole track, if you'd like to hear the whole thing listen to it on the voting page, or PM me and I'll send you a link to hear it.

Thanks again to the Mods here on Boards

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Vote done, good song.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Thanks for that Tippspur, I'll pass that on to the lads. Spread the word.. :)

The guys are doing very well, its a great song (I know, I'm biased) But theres still another 12 days to go and anything could happen between now and then. So all of you who have a facebook account Click the link above, scroll to the song "One of Those" by Pat Bryne, click the "like" button and give the local lad a hand to win this once in a lifetime competition. :)

Thank you,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

When will the winner be announced, iceage?

• Advertisement

Voting for the competition closes on the 1st of March at 12pm IO. You will be able to see the winner on the voting page www.emerazvoting.com at that time, I'm told it will also be officially announced in Hot Press on the 10th of March.

The guys are doing very well so far and we all have our fingers, toes and everthing else crossed here that it will continue to be so for them :)

Thanks for all your help so far people, 8 more days to go so its not over yet!! check out the link above and give the local lad a hand :)

Less than 24hrs to go....Thanks again to all of you that have voted for the guys. If you haven't heard the song yet, and you have a couple of minutes to spare check it out on www.emerazvoting.com The song is called 'One of Those' by Pat Byrne. If you like it, click the "like" button to add your vote. :)

I've stuck up the full song here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

They're well ahead on 'Likes' anyway by the looks of it.:cool:

Well the Competition ended at 12pm...and HE WON!!!!!!!!!!:)

When I say he won, I mean they won but I'm slightly biased :)

We would really like to thank the Mods on boards for allowing me to post this here in the Tipp forum, especially Insect Overlord and Jeff Lebowski over on the Music Forum. I do believe that the local votes had a direct effect on the overall result so cheers to all here who took the time to vote for the lads.

Mike. :)

Well the Competition ended at 12pm...and HE WON!!!!!!!!!!:)

When I say he won, I mean they won but I'm slightly biased :)

We would really like to thank the Mods on boards for allowing me to post this here in the Tipp forum, especially Insect Overlord and Jeff Lebowski over on the Music Forum. I do believe that the local votes had a direct effect on the overall result so cheers to all here who took the time to vote for the lads.

Mike. :)

• Advertisement

Thanks IO..couldn't figure how to bring the two together.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

iceage wrote: »
    Thanks IO..couldn't figure how to bring the two together.

No worries. :)

Congrats to the guys. Like I said to you last week, I really like the sound of the track you posted. There's talent there as well as on-line support!

Advertisement