Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Options
  • 14-02-2011 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for 4 of these but they're all 30-40 Euro everywhere, Tesco and Argos are out of stock, anybody seen any bargains in the lesser known shops around town, Ive tried CT electric and Flahertys Markets aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Online I would say unless you want to keep your business locally.
    Otherwise CT could order them for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Online the postage pushes it up over local, CT have them but they're €30, thanks for that Claw I think thats the best Im going to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Caulfields Oranmore had a few different ones at the checkout last time I was in there. I don't think you'll get any great savings off €30 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

Tesco should have them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DELTATIP

Try B&Q Ive seen them recently for about E15 at the till {EXIT}

Tescos had them for a tenner a while back and before that they hadthem mispriced so you could buy them then claim your money back under that misprice guarantee, they dont stock them anymore though.

If the vast majority cost €30 you'd have to wonder where Tescos are saving the money. The last thing you'd want is a bad detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Tesco Oranmore have plenty and I seen boots selling Smaller portable sized ones for fairly cheap, handy to bring it around in various rooms and if you are staying away somewhere.

Don't ask me prices though.

I picked up these Two in One Smoke and Carbon Monoxide alarms from http://www.handyhardware.ie/product/30726/0122UK-Combination-Smoke-And-Carbon-Monoxide-Alarm They ain't local but they are Irish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

woodies have them.

kiddie brand - 24.99
    ei electronics (irish manufactured) - 23.99

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, forgot about Woodies, the ei electronics one sounds good, thanks.

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh yeah, forgot about Woodies, the ei electronics one sounds good, thanks.
    It sounds better anyway, who wants to say their going into town to pick up a kiddie if they can find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Handiniho

I got one in boots for 30e last week

Advertisement