Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Kennells in glanmire/watergrasshill/fermoy area cork

• 14-02-2011 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi everyone,

can anyone reccommend a dog boarding kennell in cork, (fermoy/glanmire/watergrasshill area) its for a 4 year old labrador for about 3-4 days. also roughly how much do they charge?

Never had to leave him before as family usually looked after him but hes a bit big and boistrous now!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ginwmot

It might be slightly further than you wanted, but Cobblestone Kennells in Buttevant are brilliant. I have used them loads of times and you can tell in an instant that they are genuine dog lovers too.Your dog must have an up to date vaccination card.
    Phone Jane on 022/23866.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

A1-K9 in Knockraha - you can get there from Watergrasshill very quickly on a backroad - but I've only done it with a sat-nav!! If you ring them, they'll give you very good directions.

We take our dog there all the time. They are a little more expensive than other kennels, but we feel its well worth the value and anyone I've ever recommended them to continue to use them as well!

It's EUR15 a day.

The kenenls are beautifully clean, have temperature control and have music playing! I first saw them when I took my dog there for training assessment. You can't just drop in for a look - you need to make an appointment to view them - its for the dogs' good so that they're not being disturbed. You will notice that the place is completely quiet!!

Your dog will have to have up-to-date shots and kennel cough - kc isn't automatically given as part of his yearly shots, so if you're not usually putting him into kennels, you may need to get it extra. You'll have to bring your card with you.

Our fella has been there for various lengths of stays over the time and I wouldn't have any hesitation in leaving him there now - I was terribly lonely the first time he was there and wanted to ring them to see that he was alright and hadn't escaped or jumped a gate!! (My sister talked me out of that one). He loves if there and just bounds off over to them and doesn't even look back to see where we are!!!

They supply food and bedding, but if you want you can bring your own - we never have, but I have seen people coming in/out with stuff.

Hope it helps.

I know there are other kennels in Glanmire, but I haven't ever used them, so I can't advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rathcor1

re: A1-K9 knockraha, thats fantastic info, thanks a mill, had a look at their website yest and looked very impressive! gave them a ring this morning and thankfully its all sorted! i wonder do they take kids too haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

spur wrote: »
    A1-K9 in Knockraha - you can get there from Watergrasshill very quickly on a backroad - but I've only done it with a sat-nav!! If you ring them, they'll give you very good directions.

We take our dog there all the time. They are a little more expensive than other kennels, but we feel its well worth the value and anyone I've ever recommended them to continue to use them as well!

It's EUR15 a day.

The kenenls are beautifully clean, have temperature control and have music playing! I first saw them when I took my dog there for training assessment. You can't just drop in for a look - you need to make an appointment to view them - its for the dogs' good so that they're not being disturbed. You will notice that the place is completely quiet!!

Your dog will have to have up-to-date shots and kennel cough - kc isn't automatically given as part of his yearly shots, so if you're not usually putting him into kennels, you may need to get it extra. You'll have to bring your card with you.

Our fella has been there for various lengths of stays over the time and I wouldn't have any hesitation in leaving him there now - I was terribly lonely the first time he was there and wanted to ring them to see that he was alright and hadn't escaped or jumped a gate!! (My sister talked me out of that one). He loves if there and just bounds off over to them and doesn't even look back to see where we are!!!

They supply food and bedding, but if you want you can bring your own - we never have, but I have seen people coming in/out with stuff.

Hope it helps.

I know there are other kennels in Glanmire, but I haven't ever used them, so I can't advise.

Would have to agree, have used A1 K9 for our 2 and have also gone to the dog obedience class they run. Kennels are very clean and both Martin and Brigitte are lovely people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

A1 K9 look really good but of course they are fully booked for the one night I need a kennels in Cork!

Any other recommendations?

I need it to be within a half hour of cork city..but preferably nearer.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

noahsark wrote: »
    When are you going? We do home boarding, but the dogs have to be neutered and need to do a three day doggie daycare assessment first, as they are off leash and interacting with dogs at all times both here at daycare and at home with my dogs! We post daily videos and clips on our facebook page too so you can keep an eye on your fella!

9th July, I live in Galway so wont be able to do any assessments.

Two are neutered, new pup isnt but only because she is just coming out of heat so that wont be done before we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

sorry Tilly, friend was signed in, that was me above.

Unfortunately we have to do the assessment prior to making a booking incase the dogs arent suitable for daycare, and have to be neutered once over 6 months.

You could try louise@pawpads. She does home boarding and takes un-neutered dogs! She's very good, my dogs go there when i'm away.

I thought it was you :p

Thank you I will try Louise..finding a good kennels is a complete pain :(

I need to find one in Cahir & Kenmare too if there are any recommendations??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

I'm looking for a kennels in and around west cork to any recommendations?? Dog has never been in kennels before worried about leaving him

I have booked Fotaview Kennels near Cork city and Newpark Kennels near Cahir/Cashel in Tipp, anyone have any experiences of either of these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement