Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Ink Cartridges in the city

Options
  • 14-02-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get hold of cheap ink cartridges or somewhere to refill my empty cartridges?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

What make? I'd reconsider and maybe research online and see if you can't get a better price than anything offered in town. On refills, the quality mightn't be as good which can be important if you're planning on printing photos. I'd go for Amazon.co.uk myself. You can get free shipping if it's over 25 British pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I would also like to know this. I heard there was some pound shop doing refills very cheap. Dunno where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

These guys are good:

http://www.theinkshop.ie/index.asp

No affil just a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

I use the one on parnell place. have been doing so for a few years. very pleased with them. ( next to the barber shop )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

http://www.rechargecartridges.com/
    parnell street, ballincollig and douglas

http://cartridgekiosk.ie/
    castle street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

That'd be Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

ZappaMan wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get hold of cheap ink cartridges or somewhere to refill my empty cartridges?

Thanks.

Depends on the printer that you are using. Put up more details. I have found that most printers are landfill after you buy them due to the cost of the ink to refill them.

I did lots of research, went through a few crappy printers (landfill) untill I found a solution.

Basically follow these simple rules for a start:

1. make sure printer has 4 refill cartridges i.e. black and the other colours * 3.

2. buy your compatible refills online for the printer. (I have reliable links to suppliers if required).

3. don't get cartridges refilled in cork (it is really hit and miss) and expensive with low quality (in my experience).

4. Buy a decent low tech printer in the first place they tend to have cartridges that can be opened and injected with cheap ink kits. (I have one and have done this) approx cost to me is about 1euro with complete refill via kit. But due to laziness I buy cheap cartridges that equate to about double that price i.e. 2euro per refill;)

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Guys,

Tesco Extra in Douglas (and I presume other Tesco stores) have started stocking the cheapest ink around for most makes and models of printers.

I've always had terrible luck with the refills—print outs always seem to be of poor quality. The Tesco ones are great.

Ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

It is often better to purchase a new printer. (Here in Germany)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭colm21

I would have normally got my printer ink cartridges from on the street suppliers however over the past year now I have noticed that they have upped there prices a bit. I was told to check online instead as it would work out a lot cheaper. I found online that the original printer ink cartridges are more expensive however I came across remanufactured ones that worked out lot cheaper than the orginal ones. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Vivara wrote: »
    Guys,

Tesco Extra in Douglas (and I presume other Tesco stores) have started stocking the cheapest ink around for most makes and models of printers.

I've always had terrible luck with the refills—print outs always seem to be of poor quality. The Tesco ones are great.

Ed.

What kind of prices are they going for on average?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

John C wrote: »
    It is often better to purchase a new printer. (Here in Germany)
    Ah no I ran out of ink. Oh wait, no hassle. Sure I'll just buy a new printer instead. :D Are you printing them dodgy euros by any chance?

I was recently recommend by a friend at my college to check out www.printerinkcartridges.ie as I was looking for cheap ink to get for my printer. The price of the original printer ink cartridges have now gone up in price :mad: so I decieded to buy them online as they worked out cheaper for me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

One thing you should note if your printer is still in warranty and use non standard cartridges then the warranty is null and void.

i think ill buy new printer paper in my canon keeps jamming :mad:

check these guys out - a lot of their inkjet cartridges are going for 2.49 euro - more than half the price the other sites are selling at - so have beeb using them ever since

check these guys out www.printerinkcartridges.ie - a lot of their inkjet cartridges are going for 2.49 euro - more than half the price the other sites are selling at - so have beeb using them ever since

Advertisement