Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any way of seeing the original prices of houses in a development?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Folks, I was just wondering if there's any way of finding out what price houses were sold at off the plans when the place was built.

I'm sure the information would have been publicly available back when the houses were being built, but is there any archive of such information?

The place I'm looking at in particular is Grange Cove, in Ardkeen, Waterford - probably built around 10 years ago or so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭timmythesheep

Try Irish property watch or newspaper archives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Local papers are usually extremly helpful.

Find the local paper and go to their offices or call and ask

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Thanks lads, that seems like a very good idea.

Now the idea of trawling through years worth of newspapers doesn't appeal too much, so does anyone know how to narrow down, say to within a year or two of when a development would have been on sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Penguino

Two things we have done in the past were.

1. Call into some of the people in the estate, they will know the full history and normally (once you are polite) will give you the info

2. Talk to estate agents in the area or surrounding areas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I found mine simply with google, just put in an exact search string, like "new development dublin <my estate name>" and play about with search strings like that, and eventually I got a few newspaper articles about the launch of the development.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

google caches alot If you see info on it and when you click in its something different, try the cached link on google under the main link, it might have the original content.

Advertisement