Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a Game for PC

Options
  • 14-02-2011 5:43pm

I want a God-style game like Black&White, Settlers and Populous, where you build a society somewhat. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spore?Another game that came to mind was anno 1404 but I dunno if thats what your looking for.

Spore?Another game that came to mind was anno 1404 but I dunno if thats what your looking for.

Played Anno 1404 on DS ages and enjoyed it, but looking for something new.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

pharaoh :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Any of the Civilisation games I'd say.

Sins of a Solar Empire is more macro, but along similar lines.

Kharn wrote: »
    Any of the Civilisation games I'd say.

Sins of a Solar Empire is more macro, but along similar lines.

Is that similar to Pax Imperia?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Caesar 3 was pretty cool. Old though. I think there is a Caesar 4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

There's a game called Cities XL which is very similar to Sim City. I played the 2010 version but they brought out a 2011 version which was supposed to correct some of the annoying things of the 2010 version, don't know how true that is but its definitely worth playing if you're into that genre.

Its available on Steam for €39.99 for the 2011 version and €19.99 for the 2010 version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Minecraft.

Not quite the same as there's no real goal and you don't build up a civilisation but it's still fun and worth checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 shaz291982

SimCity Societies and SimCity Societies Destinations 2 games i started playing a fue week's ago and there not bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Have you played any of the Total War games?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I want a God-style game like Black&White, Settlers and Populous, where you build a society somewhat. Any ideas?

There was an updated anniversary edition of Settlers 2 released about two years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Caesar 3 is really cool, I got it free with my first proper PC donkeys ago. Alot of people still play it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

nuxxx wrote: »
    Caesar 3 is really cool, I got it free with my first proper PC donkeys ago. Alot of people still play it

Always loved that game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

Thanks for this, yeah awesome game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

omg pharaoh totally ripped that game off:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Patrician 4?sins of a solar empire as mentioned is a great game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Thanks for this, yeah awesome game.

Didnt see you had posted it dude :)

Ye class game, loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Any of the Tropicos - Tropico 3 is good and going fairly cheaply on Steam at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Patser wrote: »
    Any of the Tropicos - Tropico 3 is good and going fairly cheaply on Steam at the mo.

Tropico 3 is brilliant game! Complete with whimsy!

Forgot about the tropico games there good,tropico 4 is out soon I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Simu Trans

Its like classic Transport Tycoon Deluxe, but with more features... great game,, and quite addicting.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Theme Park :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Dungeon Keeper 2? Might be tough to get running on a modern PC but oh, so worth the effort.

Sarky wrote: »
    Dungeon Keeper 2? Might be tough to get running on a modern PC but oh, so worth the effort.

I somewhat found Dungeon Keeper 2 a bit disappointing, especially the way you could only have one of those Horny Devils. One of the things I loved about the first was unleashing a whole army of them on the humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well they were more or less indestructible and one-shotted almost everything while they stuck around. On the whole I found DK2 to be the game that DK1 was supposed to be. Although 1 had a rather darker feel to it. The interactive screen when you managed to not only defeat the lord of the land but capture him and put him in the torture chamber was... Grisly.

Got Caesar 4 and enjoying it a lot. Any more?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Spore?

No. No. No.

Advertisement