Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guy rear ended on bike, lands on feet

Options
  • 14-02-2011 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This is the reason why despite a huge desire to get a bike i wouldnt. You are just so breakable on a motorbike :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

This is the reason why despite a huge desire to get a bike i wouldnt. You are just so breakable on a motorbike :(

Man up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I've walked away from several bike crashes. I'm not so breakable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Do it!

On my first commute to work on a bike I fell off twice :o
    Stupid of me, I should have practiced in a car park or somewhere quiet before going on the roads

The lady said she was sorry.
    I was always told no matter what happens you never ever say sorry or admit liability at the scene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Dunno about saying sorry, but definately never admit liability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

She was blatantly in the wrong so why would confessing liabilty be such as issue? Just curious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Jesus the bike was in pieces!

I would have taken advantage of the helmut and head-butted her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Watch it the second time and check the car approaching on the side mirrors. Would be a scary sight to see!!

Idiot driver.. (not the motorcyclist)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Love the way he just casually hops off the wreckage, and the lady runs on over:

Lady #1: "Oh, I'm so sorry.. are you OK?"
    Him: ** silence **
    Lady #2: "Are you OK?"
    Lady #1: "Oh my God.."

That's right... keep 'em in suspense. Then 40 minutes later, cancer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Look as she is getting out of her car. She's putting her phone back in her pocket!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Iron Hide wrote: »

TBH, Liability wouldn't have been in question - when you rear-end someone, you're at fault in all but the most extreme cases.

Also, to be fair to the idiot driver, she thought she may have seriously injured someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I would have given that stupid b1tch such a verbal shredding, she'd probably have dropped with a heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Accidents happen and we've all done dumb things on the road and mostly got away with it. To be fair to the woman her first concern was that the rider was OK - clearly he/she was in shock at least!

Regarding CrazyRabbit walking away from crashes, the one you don't walk away from is the one that drives home the risk of a bike. I love bikes but I would never downplay the risks to anyone considering getting one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Daibheid wrote: »
    Accidents happen and we've all done dumb things on the road and mostly got away with it. To be fair to the woman her first concern was that the rider was OK - clearly he/she was in shock at least!

Accidents do happen but most people don't rear end other people and almost killed them. This is not an ''accident'', it's dangerous driving plain and simple.

Daibheid wrote: »

Regarding CrazyRabbit walking away from crashes, the one you don't walk away from is the one that drives home the risk of a bike. I love bikes but I would never downplay the risks to anyone considering getting one.

I was joking. I know how lucky I am. I've had 2 cars run red lights and they only missed me because on one occasion I was having engine trouble so accelerated slowly into the junction, and the other occasion I wasn't paying attention and didn't see the green light. I'm pretty sure I would have lost my left leg in both cases had there been a crash. And that's the best case scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Bucklesman

Iron Hide wrote: »

Unfortunately an apology can be seen as an admission of liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

Accidents do happen but most people don't rear end other people and almost killed them. This is not an ''accident'', it's dangerous driving plain and simple.

IMHO we're all going to wind up at the side of the road beside some bent and twisted metal sooner or later. Hopefully that'll be the total of the damage for most people. No-one sets out to have or cause an accident. Sometimes they do just happen, sometimes they might have been avoided by more care and attention - like not using the phone here. I don't know whether phone use is illegal where this accident happened.
    My real point is that after the accident/incident has happened a whole lot of roaring and screaming and threatening anyone never does any good. Whomever's at fault is just as shaken and shocked as anyone else involved. Keeping your head and checking everyone is Ok and then making sure they stay that way by taking precautions like getting hazards flashing, triangles out and people out of the way of traffic is better use of opportunity and energy than self-indulgently ripping someone a new one. Because that's probably when the accident gets rear-ended or some kid wanders out into the traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

The lady said she was sorry.
    I was always told no matter what happens you never ever say sorry or admit liability at the scene

The bike is in pieces, under her vehicle and there's a video of the incident. I'm fairly sure she doesn't need to admit anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

The lady said she was sorry.......I was always told no matter what happens you never ever say sorry or admit liability at the scene

This, is exactly what's wrong with the world, and why I hate 95% of the people in it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

... you'd feel kind of f**king cool landing on your feet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The first thing you learn on a bike is to act as if every other driver is trying to kill you.
    Cause it really does seem that way.

The first thing you learn on a bike is to act as if every other car/van/lorry driver is trying to kill you.
    Cause it really does seem that way.

FYP. Motorcyclists stick together.

Advertisement