Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped jeans need repairing

Options
  • 14-02-2011 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Where in Galway City do people recommend for re-stitching/clothing repairs?

Only place I know of is across the road from the back exit of Eyre square shopping centre.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

McDonagh Middle street upstairs over Vina Mara.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Savin

few doors up henry street from the bierhaus on the right, did a good job on a pair of jeans, fair price,

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

There's a place in westside, just behind dunnes. The woman there is very good. Can't think of what it's called but it's in that small two rows behind the shopping centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

padi89 wrote: »
    McDonagh Middle street upstairs over Vina Mara.

McDonagh retired a while back. The place was closed for a while, now an enterprising Eastern European (I think, from the name that I can't pronounce) has opened it again. If they're cunning, they'll change their name to McDonagh and sure no one'll know the difference ;-)

Lots of these businesses have opened around the place. One inside Eyre Sq centre. One on Merchant's Rd just around the corner from Abbeygate St. Others too, I think.

Clothing repair and alternations appears to be the hottest game in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

Cheers for all the help, might give the one near bierhaus a go.

For those in the know, what price would people expect to pay for a jeans ripped 7 inches at the knee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

One opposite the Hole In The Wall too.

Advertisement