Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Assitance Needed - mechanic out there?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All,
    I left my VW Touareg in to a SIMI garage as it was giving trouble, they said the CAM shaft was gone and it would be approx 1200 to fix, this went on for weeks and eventually I picked it up and it was then 2200 and I wasnt charged for all the time it took to fix it. Ok I got over that but since I got it back it conked out and they then had it for over 6 weeks, I picked it up again and it wasnt starting in the morning initially and then it started, I sent it back and they coudlnt find what was wrong, they then sent it to a VW dealer and the dealer said it was the FLYWHEEL, which they are now quoting another 2k.

So my question for anyone who knows cars is, could by fixing the cam shaft could they have damaged the flywheel?

it goes without saying that I wont be paying another 2k to get it sorted.
    all help appreciated
    thanks

Comments

Advertisement