Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slayer to tour without Jeff

Options
  • 14-02-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Seems Slayer will have to make do without the services off Jeff Hanneman for some portion of their upcoming tour dates. He's currently recovering from necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria). Slayer seem to be having a rough run of things recently what with Toms surgery and now this. Hope he recovers quickly anyway and it'll certainly be interesting to see who they'll get to replace Jeff.

Full story here
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153855

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Testament1 wrote: »
    necrotizing fasciitis (flesh eating bacteria).

all things considered, it seems kinda appropriate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I see potential Slayer lyrics right there!

Seriously though, get well soon Jeff. I met him before, sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Jeff's a cool guy, hope he gets back playing as soon as he's well enough. Flesh Eating Bacteria is like a war scar you pride yourself on when you are guitarist for Slayer.

P.I. Staker, savage sig dude, on both accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Hope Jeff makes a full recovery, although I may miss him in Brussels on the European Carnage tour, I can't see him coming through this that fast...I hope he does though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

It can destroy skin, fat, and the tissue covering the muscles. The disease sometimes is called "flesh-eating" bacteria. When it occurs on the genitals, it is called Fournier gangrene.

*Shudders*

Anyway, my money is on Mustaine.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

They've become such a unit over the years that it'll be strange to see them without Hanneman!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope he makes a speedy recovery,he has a great stage presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Slayer are finally starting to succomb to old age.

Slayer are finally starting to succomb to old age.

It happens to everyone....sadly....

except, for some reason, this 88 year old man....

christopher_lee1.jpg

Who the hell is he?
    He looks like Dennis Hopper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Christopher Lee but you might know him better as Saruman!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Surprising choice imo... not really a fan of exodus.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

**** sake everytime I go to see them something happens...

Hope he's back for barcelona in April.

Gary Holt should do a good job of holding the fort until Jeff is well enough to return. He's a damn good live player and since Exodus is mainly uptempo stuff I wouldnt see him having any issue getting into the rythym of the Slayer sound.

Also given the context of the story got to love the fact that my OP received thanks from a user called Dead Skin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

It happens to everyone....sadly....

except, for some reason, this 88 year old man....

christopher_lee1.jpg

have always felt Tom is looking more n more like Christopher Lee every day. masters of horror, i hope this flesh eating disease is not chewing up Jeff's brain because then slayer are fúcked.

its bad enough the most aggressive headbanger in the business can't do it anymore, obviously has really affected slayer's live shows n now this, was he bitten by an australian spider i wonder, paradise for some but fúck that man..

they should postpone the dates, its wrong to not have Hanneman up there.

Star Bingo wrote: »
    have always felt Tom is looking more n more like Christopher Lee every day.

Funny, I had a lecturer named Tom who looked a lot like Christopher Lee in an uncanny sort of way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Testament1 wrote: »
    Gary Holt should do a good job of holding the fort until Jeff is well enough to return. He's a damn good live player and since Exodus is mainly uptempo stuff I wouldnt see him having any issue getting into the rythym of the Slayer sound.

Also given the context of the story got to love the fact that my OP received thanks from a user called Dead Skin :D

pains me that they have to go without, slayer have never been without a member but for a drummer's hiatus which was only beneficial - come to think of it, this may be too as he may do a better job of remembering jeffs solo's?!

glad he is recovering at home / full recovery expected because if anyone has googled necrotizing fasciitis, well it's one hungry parasite jeff's lucky he's not being devoured as i type, as we are led to believe.. the images are particularly revealing

Yep he's pretty lucky if he comes through unscathed. I believe that even if treated early and aggressively theres still about a 30-40% mortality rate from the disease. Im open to correction on that one though.

So I'm sure most of you are aware that Gary Holt is no longer filling in for Jeff due to touring obligiations with Exodus. So Pat O'Brien of Cannibal Corpse has taken over Jeff's guitar duties. I checked out a few videos of a recent gig of them with Pat and I must say I was well impressed. They seemed to be on top form and Toms voice sounded great.

Enjoy! :D

• Advertisement

Yeah Slayer do deserve props for always keeping it tight.

Some of my favourtire bands are getting old and their performances are suffering.

Advertisement