Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sqit squats, pork ropes & swimming with the fish.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Jesus, hope that sorts itself out soon. That looks unpleasant as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

Dead Ed wrote: »
    Jesus, hope that sorts itself out soon. That looks unpleasant as hell.

Eh I'm getting there. Tramadol and valium are calming things down enough for me to get some sleep and to do some work. According to my osteopath, I'm not built for lifting heavy weights, I'm too floppy:rolleyes:

Anyway working through it and going to work on getting less floppy. I'm allowed to go on the elliptical trainer this week ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, of all the machines I find that boring beyond belief no matter what music. But at least it'll get things moving, need some sort of routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

It's all that feckin' yoga I tells ya!

Dead Ed wrote: »
    It's all that feckin' yoga I tells ya!

Ah, you get made a mod and now you know everything:P

I might be by on Fri to go on some stupid boring cardio machine.

Not much to report. Lots of walking, few stretches & about 10 seconds worth of strengthening when I can. But even just trying to squat hurts, lunges felt ok though. Can't sit too long. But I woke up with much less pain this morning:)

Hmm these guys look more promising, physio & S&C coaches. Think I need a programme to get me less floppy, but one I can do on my own, can't keep paying people. Would be nice if they had a traction machine too.

• Advertisement

Got a nice little rehabby program to do on my own from the physio today. He also believes my thoracic issues are from my shoulder scalps, tugging at things for years. So we are going to work on those first as well as my posture throughout the day. At least I got some sort of answer about my t-spine. Wrecked after that session, don't think I'll see the inside (or the outside) of Hercs tonight. Yesterday was also a painkiller free day.

Just spreading some emo... damn left upper rib seems to have gotten out of whack again, spasm spasm spasm and hardly any sleep. Thought I was at least going to be able to do a very light snorkel tomorrow, as in just floating around in Sandycove, sans the weight belt of course. Next Sun I guess. Miss the sea:(

Argh! So seems my back can't even take the wussy exercises the Physio gave me. Gotta slow that down, maybe only do 3 of them.

Today:
    Up & down 4 flights of stairs - about 3 times today at work
    Mild thoracic stretching - lots, at work too
    Bird dogs - yep only 2 reps before seizing happened
    Reverse planks - meh 20 seconds before seizing happened
    Lunges - 5 each, then lower back started at me
    Wrist exercises 2.5kg - 10 ea on extenses & flexes (for some day when I get back to snatching:rolleyes:)

More stretching the rest of the night.

Okey dokey I've called a truce with my back & ribs. Only mobility work this week so things don't seize up, I'm on day 3 with no back pain killers, yippee:). Was starting to feel like a junkie.

Can still only do short walks though, took a nice brisk one the yesterday. And still doing wrist exercises. I might try to find a pool to go to starting in Mar, think I'll give Hercs a miss until April. Gotta focus on just getting better.

Not sure when I'll be up for starting diving season too, darn heavy 12 liter tank, plus 8kg weight belt. I did get my BCD & regulator in for service, so its a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Fair play to you for staying so positive!:)

I know it can be really annoying when things are playing against ya but the tide shall soon turn and fingers crossed you'll be on the mend!

• Advertisement

gymfreak wrote: »
    Fair play to you for staying so positive!:)

I know it can be really annoying when things are playing against ya but the tide shall soon turn and fingers crossed you'll be on the mend!

Cheers, trying to keep spirits up. Today back on pain killers, but for migraine! Wtf is going on body???

I did get a new phone today, so I can start recording my lifts as soon as I'm all patched up.

Ran into one of the committee members from hercs, as frustrating as it is, I miss snatching.

Anyway onwards and forwards.

I walked into work (due to the fact that I forgot to order & can't afford my usual bus/luas ticket). Ooof 45 mins, I'm weak as a kitten, lower back did a bit of twinging but no more twinging then anything else. Anytime there was a slight incline, it just felt harder than it should. At least I was going faster the 80 year old, that I left in my dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭supposedly

Beating 80 yr olds at walking today, snatching bodyweight in a couple of weeks! Hurry up and get better! x

Snatching bodyweight, I'll just be happy to snatch an empty bar.

More walkies today to work, got a dull ache but at least no stabby shooting pains. Went to check out the Mespil pool, its kinda near work. Was thinking to do it at lunch time some time next week. Work schedule is ridiculous next week though.

And hoping next week to get back to physio exercises.

I strained something on my left side when doing my mobility exercises, pah! I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm also missing the Dive Ireland Expo, and one of the courses I need for my Rescue. Oh well no use feeling sorry for myself.

The walk to work this morning wasn't too bad. Went to the Mespil pool at lunch time, was actually nice to get out at lunch. My arms don't quite work, could only do the front crawl for like one length and that was hard going. Just spent the rest of the time messing in the pool.

Light pool snorkels yesterday with diving club it seems they missed me;) (the Guinness pool was actually warm and pretty clean).

Did walkies this morning.

Afternoons are still the hardests, I have to curl myself up into a little ball for awhile when I get home.

Can't afford it really but going to Mespil pool at lunch tomorrow. The plan is sea snorkies on Sunday, well just to float around near the rocks, I'm not going to do the usual circuit around the bouys. The last 2 weekends the viz for Sandycove was great, hopefully this weekend too. Ya never know around here though.

Ok think things are working through, I did some of the rehab exercises plus a couple of other things that felt ok, but mainly wanting to keep a neutral posture.

5 exercises trying to maintain a neutral spine, I kept having to reset my spine though, things seem to drift out of place too easily. Need to work on gaining some of my proprioception back to where it was, and hopefully even better. Got some links & advice on that subject.

Anyhoo, had to go into child's pose in between exercises...
    • Mobility stuff
    • Hallows
    • Bird Dogs
    • Abductors
    • Glute squeeze thingies
    • Tried for planks, (but darn intercostal muscles kept seizing up on me, didn't want to anger them so left it alone, maybe next week
    • Superwoman for scalps, making sure to draw in & pulled them down (holding an extension in the spine seems to be getting better)
    • Pull overs (gotta becareful on how I hold myself on these, one rep felt like I was gonna pull a rib out)
    • Chair squats
    • Wrist exercise, extensions/flexions & a new move where I put my arms by my head to work the wrists moving towards my pinkie direction
    I'm tired now & feel outta shape. Planning on the Mespil pool tomorrow at lunch time.

Did walkies & pool today. Walking felt so much better. Front crawl felt better too, got a nose clip. Did about 6 laps in the 20m pool, er stopping in between though. Left rib still a bit twingy, maybe if I bring my head up on the right side instead, but that feels weird. Might actually consider joining to go twice a week during lunch time. Felt very nice.

Hmm was introduced to Somatic exercises. Seems interesting enough, its more about control your body and the force of movement, rather than just strengthening & stretching. It's supposed to be good for muscle spasms and pain relief through movement.

Seems to be a good few vids on Youtube, so might experiment these coming weeks. I don't know, you can never tell if the latest "thing" to do is actually all that new or if it does anything.

• Advertisement

Well sort of, saw a few small ones the first 15 mins in my snorkel this morning. The sun decided to come out just as we were pulling in to Sandycove. Stayed out for the entire 45 min snorkel. Viz was the best I've ever seen in a loooong time, West coast peeps are so spoilt compared to "The Pale".

Good news is the 45 mins snorkel was easier on me than I thought, I'm a bit stiff & twingy now but not so back. Didn't use a weight belt though but did 2 rounds on the first bouy and another on the 2nd bouy. Bad news is, yesterday, I tried to do a hang snatch with an empty 2kg york bar & spasmed myself out of it:(. Er not ready for explosive movements yet no matter how light.

Just need to focus on getting back to diving for May away trip. Don't want to jeopardize that. Planning on pool tomorrow at lunch, I'm loving being back in any body of water.

45 min Walkies to work and a quick 15 min pool session at lunch. Only had time for a few laps though.

AH I WISH I WAS ABLE TO THROW AROUND SOME HEAVY WEIGHTS! AGGRESSION NEEDS AN OUTLET, LUCKY I DON'T OWN A GUN.

Did some basich rehab stuff. Mobility stuff mainly for my tight hips.
    Bird dogs w/ bum squeezie thing
    Planks (reverse and on hands, only 30 secs each)
    Pullovers
    Wrist exercises on 3 planes
    Body squats (which actually feel much easier, don't feel it so much in the back anymore)

Did some yoga on Fri, Sat, pool today at lunch time. Only did 8 lengths, but two at a time this time. Trying to get into a nice rhytm of breating. Back and ribs a bit twingy today though.

Blah F:mad: Me! Tight tight tightness around ribs. So much for diving on Sunday. Stupid work meeting made me miss the pool time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

howtomake wrote: »
    Blah F:mad: Me! Tight tight tightness around ribs. So much for diving on Sunday. Stupid work meeting made me miss the pool time too.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

:'(

gymfreak wrote: »
    :(
    Aw thanks, at least I can read about your weightlifting adventures.
    Paudee wrote: »
    :'(
    Hmm, that sad crying smiley looks very very familiar:p

• Advertisement

Pool at lunch time, good thing too, wound up staying at work till 8 as the network changed and went down. Beer & pizza to the rescue!

Took it easy enough with the laps, ribs are a bit twingy. Rolfer tomorrow, hopefully she'll do some rolfing this time.

Advertisement