Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Programmers like sport?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Re the OP, yeah, developers (not many folks are officially called "programmers", programming's only a subset of what we do) are into sport.

Apologies on the terminology, its a case of learning quickly on the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

The Munky wrote: »
    Apologies on the terminology, its a case of learning quickly on the job.

I wouldn't worry about it too much - that's more of a personal bugbear with me, folks conflating software development and programming - you're not likely to offend or confuse anyone in the broader field :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

I'm a PHP programmer and i live and breathe sport....
    Not many people to talk to at work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

I'm a dev into sports - footie, running n' cycling. our dev 5 aside team just got thrashed the other day tho :(

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Hi Liam,

thanks for your time today and I have to say I found the conversation very rewarding. We look forward to progressing the concept further.

Chats soon,

Kevin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I love sport and have knowledge of most of what is being looked for in the first post.

My first ever website I made was about my favourite sport.

Advertisement