Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,920 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Need to get the car serviced soon, Wards Garage where Dunnes is in Eyre Square now or the American Garage where Paddys Bar is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i prefer herman for my hair needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I'm headin down to Hughes' bicycle shop near Woodquay to get the chain fixed on my grifter.

Gonna head down to Rollin Dougnuts on Quay St then for a creamy one before goin moshin' in Vaga Bonds.

Just hope I'll be able to peddle the bike with them lumberjack boots I got in Radar Stores. I won't be cold though, I've a couple of grandfather shirts on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Old Eyre Square before they ruined it (imo)

Yeah, never should have taken away the railings.
    Whatever next, a fountain or maybe a rusty iron sculpture of a Galway Hooker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Have you tried the Pick'n Mix in Woolworths ? Fantastic..
    Always good to pop in there before heading to the Savoy for a game of Outrun.
    Then head to the Wimpy for Gravy Chips across from moons.
    Finish it all with a few pints in Mc Peaks before a moshin session in Vagabonds lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Dunjohn

I'm never out by UCG anymore so if anybody wants my spare Tiger Tokens, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Lookin forward to the weekend.
    The Higglers in the back of The Quays Sat aft. Then The Snug for Mojo and out to The Hilltop for The Saddlesore Cowboys.
    Ephraims Brunch for cure Sunday morning and The Oliver Brothers in McSwiggins Sun night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Listening to Chris Williams on Independent Radio Galway at the moment. Its a much better station than County Sound or West Coast Radio B-)
    But still not a patch on Radio Emerald. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Galwaymother

Oh I wish there was some room to sit in the Roisin but that Judas Diary crowd really packed up the place...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

snubbleste wrote: »
    I think for the day that is in it you should go to Strawberry Fields and stroll along and get a bucket seat on the balcony in the Claddagh Palace. Get your sweets in Murrays first

Why go all the way to Claddagh Palace when you can just go to the Town Hall cinema? Mind the rats though....

After that, why not head where the night-life is focal and dance the night away in CJ's out in Salthill?

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Why go all the way to Claddagh Palace when you can just go to the Town Hall cinema? Mind the rats though....

After that, why not head where the night-life is focal and dance the night away in CJ's out in Salthill?

would ya not stop at the castle for one beforehand or will ya be stuffin your face at the wimpy

And he can watch the young wans going into the Cavern across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

Does anyone remember Independent Radio Galway (pirate station - probably 1978-79)? Gerry Mulholland had a brilliant radio jingle for O'Connor TV. "For articles electrical, permanent and portable, domestic and exportable, O'Connor TV"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Rareroastbeef

Eeden wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Independent Radio Galway (pirate station - probably 1978-79)? Gerry Mulholland had a brilliant radio jingle for O'Connor TV. "For articles electrical, permanent and portable, domestic and exportable, O'Connor TV"

Sing us a few bars there...

Ha, you're all old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

so this is how google street view all kicked off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12 andydrew

Hiya Lads ! I ve done a rake o yokes on Friday and went ta go bangin in Salthill only place I cud find with tunes is Seapoint !!! I m runnin outta 10 p's fast !!! PLEASE HELP !!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

I really do miss Hairy Legs, and my vast array of Nope pants...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Right, it's settled, we're heading to the Vineyard for 99s the next sunny day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Eeden wrote: »

Tune in to Papa Mike :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Galway really needs a decent kebab shop other than Abrakebabra on the square. Some sort of, "charcoal grill", if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Galway really needs a decent kebab shop other than Abrakebabra on the square. Some sort of, "charcoal grill", if you will.

Can't beat a kebab and a video tape from Clan Video for a great night in!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Hi, I'm Ray O'Connor from O'Connors in the Heart of Galway

Hi Ray, Was that you i saw at "Cheers Nightclub...for fabulous fun and music". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

Hi Ray, Was that you i saw at "Cheers Nightclub...for fabulous fun and music". :D

No I was at home listenin to tunes on Pulse FM doin the Prodigy walk

Went to Soul Solution in the Beach Hotel last night. Great craic.

Went to Soul Solution in the Beach Hotel last night. Great craic.

are ya sure it wasn't the banba - although ya can't beat the Sacre Coeur -was at a wedding there - very popular hotel for weddings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

Galway used to be such a wonderful city...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

I might head to Banana Phoblacht later for a Coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement