Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the longest you've been drunk for?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Without sobering up?Going over to a football match next month and intend to be drunk from early Wednesday to Thursday night.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

27 hours before I collapesd in a heap in my own piss.

Glad I dont drink anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

my late teens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

7 years :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

4 days. The drinking was the easy part,the horrors were awful :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

About four years - as in I never sobered up. There was always alcohol in my blood stream. Not some of the finer moments in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Hello, My name is Karlog and i'm an alcoholic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Hello Karlog.

Tell us a bit about yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

If you really want your children to learn from an early age, you need to read to them and supply the buggers with as much human-on-human interaction as possible, not park their adorable little butts in front of the ****ing television. TV programs and Infant Education videos use a series of rapidly changing scenes and constantly bombard your kids with new words. With time, their itsy bitsy minds start to filter out most of the information just to help manage the constant barrage, and voila! The kids develop shorter attention spans, and eventually the food service industry claims another life.

Me thinks you've got the wrong thread dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

About 6 weeks, good times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I could do it for a bout 3/4 days non stop except for going home for some sleep,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

If you really want your children to learn from an early age, you need to read to them and supply the buggers with as much human-on-human interaction as possible, not park their adorable little butts in front of the ****ing television. TV programs and Infant Education videos use a series of rapidly changing scenes and constantly bombard your kids with new words. With time, their itsy bitsy minds start to filter out most of the information just to help manage the constant barrage, and voila! The kids develop shorter attention spans, and eventually the food service industry claims another life.

Uhm, dammit now I can't remember wut I was gonna say....somthing about ....uhm...drinking...

*heads to fridge to get self beer*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

5 days, xmas before last. Had never done it before so decided what the hell. Ended up running out of booze and ordering online from Tesco. Was in a mess afterwards, don't regret it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

The early 90's are a bit of a haze...........The odd photo shows up every now and then, I usually have to double take, then the memories start to come back, it's like opening the door on a bad trip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

well we've all had 3 day bender weekends where you dont really sober up but you sleep a few hours here and there. The longest bender I can remember staying awake for was probably starting around 3pm and going home with some bird at 0730 or 8 the next morning, in Germany. God it took me a while to recover from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Probably 3 or 4 days. Its completely different sort of hangover, i guess its actual withdrawal.

Multiple years must be a nightmare :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Spunge wrote: »
    Probably 3 or 4 days. Its completely different sort of hangover, i guess its actual withdrawal.

Multiple years must be a nightmare :eek:

Yes. Hellish. Dark thoughts and feelings. I'm doing my best to stay away from benders like that these days...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Jeez, I'm an amateur compared to some of yiz.

No more than 12 hours for me, I'd say.

But I get truly horrific hangovers that make me very depressed and I feel like I'm going insane. And that's just after a drunken night. Can't imagine what the hangover from a multi-day bender would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

About a month - the hangover lasted a few days or maybe it was withdrawal symptoms:confused:

If i tried that now I'd be in hospital after the third day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

A binge here and there.

Without sobering up AT ALL? Probably 2 weeks. That was drinking til I passed out, waking up and hammering into it again. It wasn't just alcohol though.

DT's? I think I know how heroin addicts feel going cold turkey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

First two years of my Arts degree is a blur, can't believe I actually got my head out of my ass and got a 2.1 in the end. Used to start after my 10am lecture some times.

I'm probably too cynical to be a proper wino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    About four years - as in I never sobered up. There was always alcohol in my blood stream. Not some of the finer moments in my life.

Fairplay to you for doing something about it, and best of luck in your continuing recovery:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Holidays a year and a half ago. I was sober for about 3 hours when I woke up in the mornings and then went straight on it, was about 9 days I'd say. Great holiday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

First two years of my Arts degree is a blur, can't believe I actually got my head out of my ass and got a 2.1 in the end. Used to start after my 10am lecture some times.

I'm probably too cynical to be a proper wino.

i always thought people ended up a homeless alco's AFTER their arts degrees?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

First two years of my Arts degree is a blur, can't believe I actually got my head out of my ass and got a 2.1 in the end.

Er, it was an Arts degree. :p

Sitting duck, I know, but I couldn't resist. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Retail Hell

4 day weekends starting thursday after work,we used to call it the thursday night club, pick up english girls over for the weekend in temple bar, get hammered and sober up on Monday afternoons, wouldbe worse with live footie onmonday nights, and champions league footie mid week, I must have spent a fooking fortune in4-5 years of singledom, getting a girlfriend sorta saved me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It's not something I would measure and I'm not in the habit of carrying a stop watch. I just like to go with the flow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

3 days at electric picnic, I smelled like chickatees!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

pmcmahon wrote: »
    i always thought people ended up a homeless alco's AFTER their arts degrees?

Ah sh!te I knew I was doing it wrong, it just dawned on me I'm living in a house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Probably 5 or 6 days at college

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I usually drank until I shat my pants or other misfortune

Advertisement