Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the longest you've been drunk for?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

when people see 4 years drunk, i can imagine the reaction is bullsh*te. Unfortunately its true though.

All the typical 4 day weekends: thurs-sun. Often run one weekend to the next. When working a smoke in the morning - for dopeY feeling. Drinking at lunch, and then cans on the way home.

This was the 90s so crazy parties in london/brighton, then all the festivals. Every summer day drinking in the park. I was a topper-up drinker, did not sober up for 4 years. UnSurprisingly nearly killed me at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭flas

cousin used to live in lanzarote, so when ever wanted a holiday i used to ring him and he would ring home to my aunts and say he was lonely, to send me and my brother over to him, they(6 of them) would all chip in and buy us our tickets and give us some spendin money, and then we would have our own money and his place to stay, would go over for a few weeks! usually after about 7 or 8 days of solid drinkin would hit the wall and then not be able to move, not be able to sleep, see things that arent there, then the next day would be right as rain to start again! was good craic at the time, ragin he moved back home!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Without sleep was bones of 14 hours in Vegas. Messy doesn't even begin to describe it.

On and off sleep? Prob in Ibiza or on some kind of Holiday and did I'd say three nights and started drinking again when I woke up in the afternoon after passing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Without sleep just over a day.

With sleep about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Wow, I'm a lightweight compared to everyone else, the longest for me was only about 8 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Eternity - wish I'd picked something more interesting than wine and water though, gets boring after a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Without sleep, about 14 hours.

With sleep, about a week.

14 days. I was in bits. Withdrawals were hella fun.

You can add me to the "doesn't drink any more" crew :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

with me 3 days started drinking the friday morning sobered up on the monday afternoon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Wow, I'm a lightweight compared to everyone else, the longest for me was only about 8 hours!

Me too! Well, maybe 12 hours for me. But that was pushing it for me.

But, and I'm saying this from a physiological viewpoint rather than a judgemental viewpoint, HOW can one be constantly drunk for multiple days, HOW? When I used to go out two nights in a row and be drunk both nights, my liver would be in such pain and would shaking its fist angrily at me. :pac:

Barely drink at all now. It's weird though, we do have a strange attitude to drink in this country. I've had friends get annoyed at me that I wasn't drinking on some night's out. Why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

The 90's are a bit hazy for me worked in holland for a few years and it was crazy, we went to Paris for a weekend once I have photos of myself in Paris but I have no recollection what so ever of been there . Could not do it now would take too long to recover

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The 1990's are pretty much a complete haze. I started drinking in Wateford in 1989 and came to my senses in Galway in 2002. I do remember trying to make popcorn in a frying pan but I didn't have cooking oil so I tried red wine but that didn't work. Still ate it though. And finished the wine. I'd also like to apologise to anyone who found me asleep in their car, in bed with their wife or passed out in their toilet.

I don't really drink these days.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

What's the longest you've been drunk for?

About 7 inches, erect.

HOW can one be constantly drunk for multiple days, HOW?

It's a low-level continuous topping up of alcohol so withdrawal never really sets in. It's not 'falling around' drunk, it's just ensuring the buzz doesn't go. Even a few sips here every hour keeps the alcohol in the bloodstream, circumventing withdrawal and keeping you drunk constantly.

Debthree wrote: »
    It's a low-level continuous topping up of alcohol so withdrawal never really sets in. It's not 'falling around' drunk, it's just ensuring the buzz doesn't go. Even a few sips here every hour keeps the alcohol in the bloodstream, circumventing withdrawal and keeping you drunk constantly.

But personally, my liver couldn't take that, even when I was 17! And I'd imagine one wouldn't be looking so hot after several days drinking.

My sister said she spent about a week drinking every day at her friend's on-campus accommodation at UCD. She said at the end, her skin had a greenish hue and she just looked like death warmed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

The early 90's are a bit of a haze...........The odd photo shows up every now and then, I usually have to double take, then the memories start to come back, it's like opening the door on a bad trip.
    The 90's are a bit hazy for me worked in holland for a few years and it was crazy, we went to Paris for a weekend once I have photos of myself in Paris but I have no recollection what so ever of been there . Could not do it now would take too long to recover
    The 1990's are pretty much a complete haze. I started drinking in Wateford in 1989 and came to my senses in Galway in 2002. I do remember trying to make popcorn in a frying pan but I didn't have cooking oil so I tried red wine but that didn't work. Still ate it though. And finished the wine. I'd also like to apologise to anyone who found me asleep in their car, in bed with their wife or passed out in their toilet.

I don't really drink these days.

'cptr

Was it the same bender? :p

Thank God ye don't meet often....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

About a week, with sleep etc inbetween obviously.

What better way to spend a week off work that being constantly pissed? lmao

But personally, my liver couldn't take that, even when I was 17! And I'd imagine one wouldn't be looking so hot after several days drinking.

Oh there's no doubt about it, nobody's liver can take it but you're not thinking of your liver at the time, you're thinking of the horrors of being sober. My brother was like that - he always had a low-level inebriation going on. He thought he'd be able to cope with it - that his liver would manage just fine. He's dead now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

For 32 or 33 days straight, I had booze every night, minimum 4 or 5 cans. I wouldn't say I was drunk the whole time, but I definitely needed a day off it by the end :D

Debthree wrote: »
    Oh there's no doubt about it, nobody's liver can take it but you're not thinking of your liver at the time, you're thinking of the horrors of being sober.

:D I understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i do fairly regular 2 day sessions (like one every month or 2)...a few 3 day sessions a year...and the odd time i've drank every waking moment for 4-5 days - i've cut that that s'hite out though.

went to prague a few years ago on my stag and drank constantly from about 7am thursday morning until some time tuesday night. i was supposed to be working from Tuesday but took it off, and wednesday. wednesday was probably the worst day of my life - depression, shakes, bad dreams bordering on hallucinations...

i thought i was having low level heart attacks and described this to a mate on the phone - his girlfriend who was a nurse said it's more than likely that my blood had thinned out so much from the alcohol that my heart wasn't sure it was pumping enough blood hence the pain to signify it thought something was up. this freaked me out enough that i try and tone down the sessions these days or at least make an effort to eat and stay off the spirits.

sessions: the best and worst days of my life...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

In one session without any sleep it would probably be from 4 or 5 on friday evening to 6am on Sunday morning. So about 36 hours with no sleep just booze, was a shocking shocking hangover it lasted days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

10 days, it was the last of my great sessions. First it was my birthday, then it was paddys day then I had to fly to Manchester to see a soccer game and not wanting to suffer the hangover there I kept drinking, heavily. I was in a heap coming back on the plane, my knuckles had cracked open and started bleeding and I looked like a zombie, I'm really surprised I was let on the plane because I looked sick. I guess it's normal on the Manchester/Sligo plane though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

I suppose I started drinking about 21:00 one night and finished about 11:00 the next day so roughly 14 hours or so.

With sleeping I suppose it would have been... 3 days maybe. That would have been about 8 cans or so for the three nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

My 21st birthday that I spent abroad. 4days, 1 continuous session...had bouts of sleep but they were short and infrequent-get home from the club at 7, be up again at 9 or so to pitcher of cocktails for brekkie and spend the rest of the day exploring with the aid of scoops only to do it all over again...and again...and again :) never drank to the stage of bein in bits, but on a very very good buzz dancin on tables doin kareoke etc, was the best holiday I think Ive ever been on, and just kept the alcohol levels topped up then eased my way off it when I was on the plane home/the next day so the hangover didnt hit.

Its the tendancy around xmas aswell, christmas eve=mega session, then christmas day you inevitably start drinking bucks fizz at 10am and continue from there, then go out on the lash on Stephens day...and the day after have a few just so you dont die a death!

I sound like an alcy, but I drink in moderation the majority of the time, I have a system and I enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Rag week.... 5 days every year. Only 2 weeks away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

About 15 years.
    Don't really drink anymore though, except for the occasional bottle of whiskey at Christmas, Padddys Day, my birthday, on holidays, weddings, funerals, christenings, Haloween, Easter, Eid, Hanukkah, Diwali, Vesak, Munster final and all Ireland day (2 if Cork win), if Ireland win a big rugby or soccer match, both my dogs birthdays and anniversaries of my past dogs and sometimes if I'm feeling at a slightly low ebb. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

3 days straight. Mouldy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

26hrs in Las Vegas. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Without sobering up?Going over to a football match next month and intend to be drunk from early Wednesday to Thursday night.
    Celtic v Rangers in the cup replay? I presume all the haunts of the Gallowgate will be sampled. ;)

Advertisement