Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitted wardrobe recommendations.

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

I'm looking to get some wardrobes.
    It'll be in a dormer so there will be odd shapes and sizes not just the standard 50mm 100mm units.

Has anyone got any recommendations on wardrobe suppliers, I don't mind man with a van type or larger companies just good quality and mid range price.

I've looked at some of the main ones but want to know what my options are.

Has anyone any experience of streamline Swords, Tierney Balbriggan.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

We had Tierneys do it.
    Very good - lots of options, they come and measure up, discuss what you want, show you what they can do, arrange a day, come in, fit wardrobes, clean up after themselves and that's it.
    I was very,very happy with them.Now they were probably a bit on the expensive side, but we didn't really do any comparisons, just went with them. Plus that was 2 years ago....everything was expensive then:D:D
    In terms of workmanship, reliability and service - definite thumbs up from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Octopus wrote: »
    I'm looking to get some wardrobes.
    It'll be in a dormer so there will be odd shapes and sizes not just the standard 50mm 100mm units.

Has anyone got any recommendations on wardrobe suppliers, I don't mind man with a van type or larger companies just good quality and mid range price.

I've looked at some of the main ones but want to know what my options are.

Has anyone any experience of streamline Swords, Tierney Balbriggan.

Thanks in advance

I We My My Mrs have just had a new fitted kitchen done by Mick Morris and his brother Dave along with a few other bits and we are delighted with the job. They were great and tailor made the kitchen to suit our needs. Spotlessly clean, Easy to deal with and I would have no hesitation in recommending them... Morris carpentary and renovations done the work and were superb.

Mick Morris <snip - PM only>

Mick came had a chat measured up went away, came back with some ideas & suggestions as to how best use the space etc. There was no pressure and his advice has proven invaluable. There is not an inch of space wasted in our kitchen. They are well established and have a good name

We had one of the companies you mentioned and felt very pressurised. They were also quite a bit more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I needed a wardrobe for a stroppy 14 year old that lives in my attic.The size was very ackward, as it slopes and you cant open doors etc.I got Anthony from the woodshop, Ill pm you his number.Your more than welcome to visit my house and see his work.I was more than happy.He did a make up drawer, so a tiny drawer in debth? but really long, and up on top , he put a drop down unit for her millions of bags.He put the mirror on the inside of the dooor with 360?degrees hinges on the door so she can open it out all the way to have a look in the mirror.I didnt want a mirror on the outside as it only makes the 1000's of clothes still lying/living on her floor look worse.So she has lovely wardrobes , practical drawers and still way tooo many T-shirts, jeans, etc...He discussed her requirments with her, and me, which she loved.She got to choose the colour of the wood .I got a drawing of the wardrobe ,so I was certain of what it was.The price was great we had budgeted for about 1000 , but it came in much much less. I was delighted with the result and now always recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

Thanks for all the replies.
    Much appreciated and as ever a great source of info.

Thanks
    Octopus

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Paul sheridan in Balbriggan did a perfrect job for me a couple of years ago [ kitchen and bedroom ]

http://www.sheridankitchens.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 panjero

I know this is an old thread.
    Credit where it is due.Found Sheridans from this thread.
    Had some work done by these lads.Excellent job and a pleasure to deal with.

Advertisement