Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for cheap flights to Oz

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭

Two of us are flying premium economy from dublin to sydney return next xmas and returning start of february. Getting quoted 3k each return. Does that seem the norm or will there be any sales?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

physioman wrote: »
    Two of us are flying premium economy from dublin to sydney return next xmas and returning start of february. Getting quoted 3k each return. Does that seem the norm or will there be any sales?

3k sounds expensive - but if you are flying 'premium economy' .. who knows

can you provide details on where you searched etc

There are never any xmas sales for flights to sydney

try http://www.skyscanner.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

27th December 2011 and return 31st january 2012. Tried virgin atlantic which was cheapest and quantas. Only business on other airlines and too expenisve

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Most expensive time of year to travel unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Paid almost that for economy last Christmas. I think it's alright for Premium Economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

try this:

www.momondo.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

physioman wrote: »

Isnt that a bit paradoxical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

I flew with Virgin Atlantic this Xmas, pleasant enough airline and trip, well except for the chaos in London. Paid 2500 for economy, what can you so its xmas time

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

Booked my flight to melbourne last week and it cost me 620e all in ! (one way)

Edit: Ahh sorry, just read your post. Move along, nothing to see here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 BurtonportHi

messymess wrote: »
    Booked my flight to melbourne last week and it cost me 620e all in ! (one way)

Edit: Ahh sorry, just read your post. Move along, nothing to see here.

With who!?
    I thought we got a bargain, 2500 return flights for 2 adults and a kid!

Price with your travel agency!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Actually ended up booking 2 x economy return to Oz at christmas for 2500 euro with singapore airlines. Believe they are the best to fly with?? Price of fuel going up so just couldn't afford the premium economy flights!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 freewheeling

We've used http://www.jetabroad.com.au/ before and got some good deals.

Advertisement