Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult dance classes in Dulin

• 14-02-2011 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been asked to death already, I just couldnt find the information I'm looking for in the stickys or anywhere else. I gave up the booze a few years ago and ever since I have felt very self conscious while up on the dancefloor on a night out. Most of the time I wont even bother dancing, which im not happy about because when I did drink and I had a bit of dutch courage about me, Id give it socks all night.
    Anyway enough is enough at this stage, need to learn a few moves so as to be confident on nights out. As far as I can see though, there are no dance classes that cater for "regular, nights out dancing." All I can find are, Hip-hop, Ballet, salsa, funk, latin etc. Am I missing something here, is what Im looking for incorporated into some of the above styles? If not does anybody know where I can learn how to just do regular, ordinary, wedding/nights out/21st birthday party, style dancing?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ninge

If you haven't already you could check out the Funky Seomra - it is a drink free "disco" (dance course) and is aimed at freeing people of their inhibitions on the dance floor. The music is great and the guy who runs the classes is really nice. This is their website http://dancefree.ie/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Routledge

I've the very same dancefloor *issues* as Tunguska :D

The funky seomra gig suggested above doesn't seem to be what I'm after.

Wud luv to hear if there are any classes on offer in Dublin that "cater for "regular, nights out dancing" or if the OP had any success in finding a class....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dancer x

Hey there,

I am a fully qualified dancer and dance teacher. I am currently giving private dance classes in Dublin for weddings, nights out, general social occasions. I have access to a studio near the O2 building but I am flexible regarding the location of classes.

Send me a PM if you are interested!!

Kind regards,

Caitriona

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lillipunzy

Routledge wrote: »
    I've the very same dancefloor *issues* as Tunguska :D

The funky seomra gig suggested above doesn't seem to be what I'm after.

Wud luv to hear if there are any classes on offer in Dublin that "cater for "regular, nights out dancing" or if the OP had any success in finding a class....

Hey Routledge,

There's a seriously popular stiletto heels class going on in The Liffey Trust Studios.
    http://liffeytruststudios.com/blog/?p=91

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Dancer x wrote: »
    Hey there,

I am a fully qualified dancer and dance teacher. I am currently giving private dance classes in Dublin for weddings, nights out, general social occasions. I have access to a studio near the O2 building but I am flexible regarding the location of classes.

Send me a PM if you are interested!!

Kind regards,

Caitriona

Hey Catriona if you get enough people interested would you consider group lessons at that same location?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

Caitriona, I'd also be interested in this - pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dancer x

tunguska wrote: »
    Hey Catriona if you get enough people interested would you consider group lessons at that same location?
    Vanderbilt wrote: »
    Caitriona, I'd also be interested in this - pm sent

Hey there!

Yes I would definitely consider doing group classes if there was enough interest. Depending on how many are interested, it would work out significantly cheaper for everyone than private classes!

If those interested want to PM me with the days and times that would suit (also if you know of other people who are interested) I will see if there is enough to start a class.

Talk to you soon!

Caitriona

Advertisement