Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hildegarde Naughton

Options
  • 14-02-2011 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

In the interests of fairness, it seems only right that all candidates get a thread:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

I'd give her one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    I'd give her one :p

You'd only be able to give her a thread? Embarrassing for you.

Come 'ere Hildegarde, I'd manage a whole spool for ya.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

You'd only be able to give her a thread? Embarrassing for you.

Come 'ere Hildegarde, I'd manage a whole spool for ya.:pac:

what the fcuk?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've worked with her and she was sound, generally speaking. I don't know her politics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

biko wrote: »
    I've worked with her and she was sound, generally speaking. I don't know her politics though.[/QUOTE]

Its on her posters and all her literature. She's Fine Gael... ;)

The Indo yesterday had a list of candidates in constituencies which were critical to FG getting an overall majority, and she was listed in Galway West - there were about 13 marginal candidates listed around the country, if they all got in then FG would probably have enough seats to form a govt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Just a little footnote on her, she had the lowest expenses claims in the council . In a time when some politicians have proved very greedy with their expenses it saying something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

is she the one who looks like Fernando Torres?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

DRakE wrote: »
    is she the one who looks like Fernando Torres?

No she's the one that looks like YumYum
    (no policies in this thread *L*)

When you google Hildegarde Naughton the first reply is an ad:
    Vote No1 for Sean Kyne.

I guess her politics are those of Fine Gael - I want to know if she will give up her teaching position if elected.

I guess her politics are those of Fine Gael - I want to know if she will give up her teaching position if elected.

She'd have to. FG want 30,000 public sector jobs gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

When you google Hildegarde Naughton the first reply is an ad:
    Vote No1 for Sean Kyne.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

What worries me most about Hildegarde is that she does panto :D

Dáil would be perfect then *L*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Musicals are not panto. And I'd say that her considerable experience with Galway musicals is doing her no harm at all in the polls:)

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dáil would be perfect then *L*

Good point. She would be well used to fantastical story lines. Just messing. I don't know anything about her really except that she's with Fine Gael, whom I won't be voting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Shhh! She's behind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Naughton was elected to Galway City Council for the first time in June 2009 ...Has she kept her Teaching job in that time ?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Shhh! She's behind you!

I wish ;)

Naughton was elected to Galway City Council for the first time in June 2009 ...Has she kept her Teaching job in that time ?

yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

i was so turned off by her "portraits" coming through the door that I didn't even read the other side. Vanity at its worst.

• Advertisement

i was so turned off by her "portraits" coming through the door that I didn't even read the other side. Vanity at its worst.

You really have nothing good to say about anybody or anything, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

You really have nothing good to say about anybody or anything, do you?

when it comes to FF / FG no I don't ( and neither does a lot of other people).

Seriously tho - who would waste one whole side of a flyer on a "portrait" picture - she should save that for her family album. The general public I'm sure have no interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Fernando Torres LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

Greaney wrote: »
    Just a little footnote on her, she had the lowest expenses claims in the council . In a time when some politicians have proved very greedy with their expenses it saying something!!

Didn't she also vote against some bit of land rezoning, where the planning office advised that permission should not be granted.... she voted against her parties wishes.

Based on this she is one of the top runners for my first preference.

I'd want to know two things before giving my first preference vote:
    1. If elected, will she stand down / resign from her teaching post so that some young teacher gets a shot at a career??
    2. If elected for enough time to receive a (outrageous) TD pension, will she promise to ONLY accept one state pension in the future? (that is will she NOT accept a teachers PLUS a TDs pension) .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

In the interests of fairness, it seems only right that all candidates get a thread:)

Quite a few haven't got a thread!

PomBear wrote: »
    Quite a few haven't got a thread!

Exactly!! So start them!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Didn't she also vote against some bit of land rezoning, where the planning office advised that permission should not be granted.... she voted against her parties wishes.

Based on this she is one of the top runners for my first preference.

I'd want to know two things before giving my first preference vote:
    1. If elected, will she stand down / resign from her teaching post so that some young teacher gets a shot at a career??
    2. If elected for enough time to receive a (outrageous) TD pension, will she promise to ONLY accept one state pension in the future? (that is will she NOT accept a teachers PLUS a TDs pension) .

she is a very young teacher so I do not think this makes much of a difference.
    these are the questions that could be asked if she ha been a TD for maybe ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Da_Viper

I met her out at NUIG,

Seems very articulate and honest, since I told her from the off my views were in no way Fine Gael and had a nice little debate over party policy.

She agreed with me on many points that would not strictly be in line with fine gael policy and that my solutions were possibly better if certain social change can happen etc.

Very engaging and I walked away with a good impression anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I'd expect so, her low expense claims would hardly justify giving it up, and councillors don't get a salary as far as i know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Da_Viper

Lol at the Torres comment,

She's all for the eye contact though when talking to her, would still get it though even though he's about 10 years my senior

Advertisement