Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hildegarde Naughton

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'd expect so, her low expense claims would hardly justify giving it up, and councillors don't get a salary as far as i know.

councillors get a salary of ~30k a year iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Her canvasser/brother is clueless. Spoof that Lenihan would be proud of.

He was rubbish
    She is FG

goodluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭MazG

On the topic of keeping her teaching post; as far as I am aware, she is still actually teaching isn't she?

It is a fair question though, as to whether she intends to keep her teaching post if she wins a seat in the Dáil. But that's on the assumption that her current teaching post is permanent, which it may not be. I would be interested to know the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

MazG wrote: »
    On the topic of keeping her teaching post; as far as I am aware, she is still actually teaching isn't she?

It is a fair question though, as to whether she intends to keep her teaching post if she wins a seat in the Dáil. But that's on the assumption that her current teaching post is permanent, which it may not be. I would be interested to know the answer

I also think both my questions are fair. There are plenty of young teachers whos lives are 'on hold' while they wait for a permanent position. If I'm to give a first preference to Hildegarde, and she gets a 4 year job, I'd like to know that she is willing to give up a permanent teaching position (if she has one). It is what would happen in the private sector!

Also the days of multiple pensions are well gone.... the thought of all these FF TDs retiring on multiple pensions, while I kill myself working for a basic wage, sickens me to the absolute core :mad:. I'd like to know that whoever I vote for feels the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 My View

See below Hildegarde Naughton's great views on how to address white collar crime and so on. This is absolute woeful rubbish that could never be implemneted retrospectively that only attempts to appease the Mobs to win votes.

Frankly I am appalled that an elected representative at any level could actually stand by such crap. I challenged Hilldegarde on the below points when she called to my door and she was speechless....I think you should stick to the Panto's and singing Hilldegarde.

Please read her ideas below and let me know what you think. Her manifesto is on her very own personal website (Better than Mr, Cubbards but still requires some common sense on how she even came up with such stupid proposals).

Message from Hildegarde – Sept 2010
    Thursday, September 30th, 2010.
    This failed Government is borrowing ever increasing amounts of money at your expense to bail out bankers, land speculators and failed property developers among others. In fact, they are going to bail out everyone.
    Everyone that is…EXCEPT YOU.
    Do you think that’s fair? No…neither do I.
    I was thinking that in order to make these profi teers share your burden we should:
    1. Compel any property developer/land speculator to immediately repay any personal guarantee given on non performing loans.
    2. Immediately levy a ‘windfall’ tax of 90% on all historic profi ts of property development and land speculation.
    3. Make the current and historic benefi ciaries of asset transfers personally liable for the associated debt.
    4. Compel any bank offi cial who approved a failed developer loan over the last 10 years to repay in full and immediately any bonuses received.
    5. Subject any property developer/land speculator with non performing loans to an immediate revenue audit.
    All this may require a constitutional referendum, but I think that’s a small price to pay.
    DO YOU?
    All must play their part…not just YOU.
    Feel free to contact me with your views on local or national issues.
    H Naughton

• Advertisement

Gosh, yes crazy stuff from Ms. Naughton. Certainly worthy of lots of bold print. I wonder what rendered her speechless?

My View wrote: »
    See below Hildegarde Naughton's great views on how to address white collar crime and so on. This is absolute woeful rubbish that could never be implemneted retrospectively that only attempts to appease the Mobs to win votes.

Frankly I am appalled that an elected representative at any level could actually stand by such crap. I challenged Hilldegarde on the below points when she called to my door and she was speechless....I think you should stick to the Panto's and singing Hilldegarde. .........

Ahem:

User: 'My View' - Join date February 2011, 6 post in total.

IMHO there is a lot to commend in her comment here. How much is doable is questionable BUT the sentiment is bang on!

Gosh, yes crazy stuff from Ms. Naughton. Certainly worthy of lots of bold print. I wonder what rendered her speechless?

User: blaris - Join Date: Feb 2011 - Posts: 8

Mods, can we get a bit of IP checking on all these new boards users?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Check out the announcement at the top of the forum page :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Well I suppose to be fair she does say it would require a constitutional amendment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Everytime I see her posters now I am thinking why is Torres running for FG in the election. Amazing resemblance that I never noticed before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

User: blaris - Join Date: Feb 2011 - Posts: 8

Mods, can we get a bit of IP checking on all these new boards users?

Blaris is not any other poster, and is not affiliated with any candidate, and is quite sarcastic...

/moderation

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

dloob wrote: »
    Well I suppose to be fair she does say it would require a constitutional amendment.

which if passed would be referred by the president to the supreme court, where it would be struck down as repugnant to the constitution.

a more discriminatory piece of legislation i couldnt think of, make martyrs of them...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

which if passed would be referred by the president to the supreme court, where it would be struck down as repugnant to the constitution.
    a more discriminatory piece of legislation i couldnt think of, make martyrs of them...

:confused:
    A constitutional amendment is a referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grainnereills

snubbleste wrote: »
    :confused:
    A constitutional amendment is a referendum.

yeah sorry...realised my mistake after i posted it...however the legislation enacting a referendum would have to be unconstitutional, no? or is it just the case that the enacting legislation is not unconstitutional?

it would be totally discriminatory and denying fair procedure to a minority, no matter how popular...?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Obviously you never heard about "The Emergency":cool:

Blaris is not any other poster, and is not affiliated with any candidate, and is quite sarcastic...

/moderation

Apologies all round, my sarcasm filter was on the blink.... I see it now:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

MazG wrote: »

I also think both my questions are fair. There are plenty of young teachers whos lives are 'on hold' while they wait for a permanent position. If I'm to give a first preference to Hildegarde, and she gets a 4 year job, I'd like to know that she is willing to give up a permanent teaching position (if she has one). It is what would happen in the private sector!

Also the days of multiple pensions are well gone.... the thought of all these FF TDs retiring on multiple pensions, while I kill myself working for a basic wage, sickens me to the absolute core :mad:. I'd like to know that whoever I vote for feels the same!

I was driving early Sat and heard a replay of Keith Finnegan interviewing candidates from last week - Ms Naughton, without prompting or being asked, declared she would give up her teaching position if elected. Sounds like she's prepared to put her money where her mouth is, refreshing considering the amount of current TDs sitting on teaching positions and pensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

galwayrush wrote: »
    I'd expect so, her low expense claims would hardly justify giving it up, and councillors don't get a salary as far as i know.

Yes they do.
    €16-17k a year plus expenses, IIRC.

Zzippy wrote: »
    I was driving early Sat and heard a replay of Keith Finnegan interviewing candidates from last week - Ms Naughton, without prompting or being asked, declared she would give up her teaching position if elected. Sounds like she's prepared to put her money where her mouth is, refreshing considering the amount of current TDs sitting on teaching positions and pensions.

Jasus, if this is the case, you'd imagine that her 'campaign team' would be monitoring a active Galway board such as this..... an official answer, either here on her site could be the difference.

That said, I'm may veer away from FG.... renegotiating the EU/IMP 'bailout' & having a look at the sale/theft of our national resources... are gaining importance for me.

Also FG plan selling off the kitchen sink may help short term but long term create more problems.

Fintan O Toole today: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2011/0222/1224290515105.html
    David McWilliamss:
    http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2011/02/21/still-time-to-save-many-billions

• Advertisement
Advertisement