Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef Season 7

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Well, that time in Japan really paid off.

Good chef, adventurous but.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah he did a great job, the food looked stunning (especially his 3 burgers and 3 desserts).
    The guy was seriously humble too - he really didn't expect to win.

Great final - there was very little to separate the 3 of them. It could have gone any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Congrats to Tim. I had a feeling he would win it... especially seeing how much he worked his arse off in that final. Really amazing looking food!

But both Sara and Tom were superb also.

It was too close to call for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Yeah = well deserved win alright.

Now cant wait to see what the Irish version is like in the autumn :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Congrats to the winner, but I would have clapped whoever won, given the excellence on display.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Fantastic final. Three great finalists who cooked some great looking food. Delighted Tim won, the guy has some serious talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

It was a great final, Tim did deserve to win, there was just a quality about his food that won it for him. He is a mad cook, but I was always interested to see what he'd come up with! He really was very humble, that made me like him more!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

John was amazed that you found the time to cook that final meal. How did you pull it all off?
    "Practice. I practiced that hard. Which wasn't true for a lot of my meals. Sometimes I had only done the dish once and sometimes not at all. But I didn't take any chances with that one. I knew I would be up against it, so I gave myself four days, did one dish one day, one dish the next and then on the final day did all three together in three hours. I did it and that was it really. It was just a matter of knowing my strategy and understanding what came next in the process at any time."

As with all good chefs, preparation.

Somebody pointed out the the mass of ingredients... and getting it all right... excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Right BBC this series is over, Back to the old format for next year please. Ta.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Right BBC this series is over, Back to the old format for next year please. Ta.
    Yes, the 'auditions' and sob stories at the beginning of the series were more X-factor than MasterChef and just felt out of place.

I was delighted that Tim win it, was rooting for him the whole way! The most inventive and original of the finalists, I thought. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement