Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good
    Anto, that was a fantastic race and you should be proud of yourself. It was very competitive but still maintained that friendly atmosphere and I'm already looking forward to next year. Well done!

John

p.s
    Thanks to the girl with the banana bread it was delicious.

+1 to all the positive comments above, I can't imagine anyone could find fault with anything yesterday. It was a wonderful day; thanks to Anto, all the wonderful volunteers and all the runners... a wonderful supportive atmosphere for my first time past marathon distance. I really, really enjoyed it.

@ John: You're most welcome, that was me with the banana bread.... Not only am I good at home-baking I'm now an Ultra-runner, Nigella eat your heart out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

Well thanks again and I look forward to seeing you at another race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    Marthastew wrote: »
    +1 to all the positive comments above, I can't imagine anyone could find fault with anything yesterday.

I can: I got my shoes dirty :D

Just kidding of course. What a wonderful event, is wished some money grabbing organisers could be shamed into providing a service to match yesterday.

I have written my customary very long race report.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    donadea.nlboyle.com
    http://donadea.nlboyle.com/#home

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mebuccaneers

Hi everyone.
    What a great day out in Donadea yesterday even for me as a spectator!! Maybe I'll give it a go next year. I was highly impressed with all the runner's, it's very humbling to see some one run 50km no matter what their time is and then there's me thinking I'm the greatest runner in the world after running 13km around the Wicklow Mountains!!!
    It's a great motivator to watch a race (my first one) like the Donadea 50km and think that sometime down the line that I'd like to give an Ultra Race a go!!!

Here's a selection of photo's I took of of the Donadea 50km race yesterday. The photo's are in 3 album's and are in sequence that they were taken in.

You can use them for your own personal use as in Facebook or similar, if you want a high res image for yourself to get printed or what ever let me know and I'll see what I can do.
    All I ask for in return is that if you get a chance sometime give a small donation to Donadea running club, even though I have nothing to do with the club or even know anyone in it I'm sure that the would put it to good use for next year's race!!! (I hope the Mod's don't mind me asking this, if you don I'll edit the post!)

But if you want to use any of the images for anything else please as me for permission first.
    If you want to pass on the link's to anyone you know in the photo's please feel free to do so.

Enjoy!!!
    Paul

Anyway here are the galleries

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2510370853160.94385.1669783945&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2510564578003.94390.1669783945&type=3

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2510786543552.94393.1669783945&type=3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    Great pictures Runforrestrun. Was that you with the remote flash? Very fancy-schmansy!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Great pictures Runforrestrun. Was that you with the remote flash? Very fancy-schmansy!

That thing proved to entertain us wonderfully. Swanky or wha!

Great pictures there for sure, you even managed to get a few of me finishing that looked like I was running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Great race on Saturday,I realy enjoyed it. Nice course great athmospere lovely setting for a race and a small but good quality field. Well done to Anto and everyone involved and a big thank you to all the volenteers. Will be defenitely back if Im fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

tanks for all the positive remarks,im glad you all had a good time,see u all next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

HI,

Is it possible to express an interest now in running this race next year. Being from the local area, i would love to challenge myself to do this. I know it is invitation only, but how would one get an invitation???

Thanks all
    Dermot

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    Dermo09 wrote: »
    HI,

Is it possible to express an interest now in running this race next year. Being from the local area, i would love to challenge myself to do this. I know it is invitation only, but how would one get an invitation???

Thanks all
    Dermot

It was only invitation only last year. Free for all to enter this year and next year. Just be quick.

AFAIK there will be an official event website fully operational next year. :)

Good
    Awesome. Screenshoting that, it won't be staying that way for long. :D

Good
    Ultraman's link was filtered on wimmen aged 23-34. He's clearly ageist.
    Correct link (sorry RQ! Hope you got that screenshot!).

Good

I noticed that it was 24th on the left hand side and changed the filter. Looks better for the under 35's though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good

Thanks Krusty, I owe you some rice krispie buns:) I was delighted to find my name on the link you posted (the one with the oldies in it)

RQ, you are still 3rd place in your age group, V impressive, and you make great chocolate bikkie cake, does it get any better?

Good
    Marthastew wrote: »
    Thanks Krusty, I owe you some rice krispie buns:) I was delighted to find my name on the link you posted (the one with the oldies in it)
    Lol. I'll settle for the loan of the Boston marathon book, which I'm finding very entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    Any idea what date the 50k will be run next year? Long way away I know but a friend of mine wants to organise a skiing trip for Feb using the current Aer Lingus flight sale so trying to avoid a clash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good
    opus wrote: »
    Any idea what date the 50k will be run next year? Long way away I know but a friend of mine wants to organise a skiing trip for Feb using the current Aer Lingus flight sale so trying to avoid a clash.

Saturday February 16th provisionally...

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    opus wrote: »

I have the same issue re: ski trip departure on that Sat also.
    Think I will book an alternative flight on the Sunday if possible...the 50km was too good this year to miss!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    claralara wrote: »

Great stuff, thanks a lot!

will confirm end of luly and have reg forms ready 100 max dis year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

will confirm end of luly and have reg forms ready 100 max dis year

Sounds good !

will it be announced here or via the FB page ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Good
    Here Anto - I can't wear my wear my tshirt at my next race as I have to wear my club vest… Any chance of that free entry if I make up for it and wear it to, say, the next wedding or work event I'm going to?! ;) I reckon it'll look great with fake tan and a pair of heels...:rolleyes::D

Here Anto - I can't wear my wear my tshirt at my next race as I have to wear my club vest… Any chance of that free entry if I make up for it and wear it to, say, the next wedding or work event I'm going to?! ;) I reckon it'll look great with fake tan and a pair of heels...:rolleyes::D
    only if they match...

confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good
    Ill be there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Dermo09

Lol. I'll settle for the loan of the Boston marathon book, which I'm finding very entertaining!

whats the Boston Marathon book?? is it Hal Higdons???

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

confirmed.

Where and when can someone enter ?

• Advertisement

Where and when can someone enter ?
    mid augest and keep ur eyes out here

Advertisement