Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

opus wrote: »
    Got my confirmation email anyway, glad to see I made it in :) Looking forward to my first venture beyond marathon distance!

Still nothing for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

ultraman1 wrote: »
    resent it again x2:confused:

Just found one in my junk mail, ta!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Do you want me to split this into a Donadea 2013 thread or keep it all in the old thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

RayCun wrote: »
    Do you want me to split this into a Donadea 2013 thread or keep it all in the old thread?
    keep it in the one,i like a bit of nostalgia......tanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Average
    So what do I need to do to enter this? ;)

• Advertisement

You fill out the form and you send Rocky Six your money!

do as krusty says...reg form on pg 23

nearly half full at the moment,and it goes up a few quid in a few weeks.........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Average
    nearly half full at the moment,and it goes up a few quid in a few weeks.........

must send off my form then, thanks for reminding me
    Curious, whats the cut off for entrys..how many can enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

How many people do this?

Tempted.................

Cabaal wrote: »
    Curious, whats the cut off for entrys..how many can enter?
    90/100 max entrants...and id hazard a guess it will be full b4 xmas as per last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Spring marathon for me this year and no Conn Ultra, still I am trying to figure out some valid reason in my training programme for a 50k Run. Can't really think of one tbh. Feck it Anto hold me a spot. My cheque is in the post :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    still I am trying to figure out some valid reason in my training programme for a 50k Run.

Your chance perhaps to get claralara back for the Berlin beating? ;):D

briantherunner.... We need ante post odds on this smack down :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    digger2d2 wrote: »

Eh, the 50k will be purely a training run :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

menoscemo wrote: »
    Eh, the 50k will be purely a training run :o

Yep, I know, same for us all..... Just wanted to help Anto stoke up interest for this fantastic race :D The real smack down will be the Raheny 5 mile.... Meno, CL and dig dig in a scramble for that 29:59;)

Yep, I know, same for us all..... Just wanted to help Anto stoke up interest for this fantastic race :D The real smack down will be the Raheny 5 mile.... Meno, CL and dig dig in a scramble for that 29:59;)

new Raheny target - 29:29 :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    RayCun wrote: »
    new Raheny target - 29:29 :D

I know it's tough for you, at your age you feel yourself getting older by the day, but, surely 29:29 would be a soft target for you for 5 miles?

I know it's tough for you, at your age you feel yourself getting older by the day, but, surely 29:29 would be a soft target for you for 5 miles?

That's about 15 seconds per mile faster than I ran in the Firhouse 10k so, no, not really :)
    But I don't really have a target yet, I'll see where I am in January...

this years winner of Donadea 50km is participating in the 50km world trophy final,in italy this saturday 20th october in Vallecrosia-Bordighera Italy(http://www.podijrajnaldi.it/ ,http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/..as the donadea 50km was one of the 20 worldwide selection races for the 50km WTF.....
    best of luck JB....

this years winner of Donadea 50km is participating in the 50km world trophy final,in italy this saturday 20th october in Vallecrosia-Bordighera Italy(http://www.podijrajnaldi.it/ ,http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/..as the donadea 50km was one of the 20 worldwide selection races for the 50km WTF.....
    best of luck JB....

john finished 5th place in the World Trophy Final...3:09:53,,,,brilliant performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

unreal:eek:,fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Splits here. Looks like John paced it very well as he had the second fastest final lap .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Clearlier wrote: »
    Splits here. Looks like John paced it very well as he had the second fastest final lap .

He took several mins out of the 4th placed guy over the last couple of laps and was unlucky to still be a few seconds down when he ran out of road!
    Great running Ultrapercy!

Average
    sent on cheque/details at the weekend, might as well if i can do much of an improvement over my last 50k :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Sent on cheque and details, get busy livin' and all that

It took me f00kin ages to find my chequebook, not used in 6 months or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

john finished 5th place in the World Trophy Final...3:09:53,,,,brilliant performance
    Thanks UM1, Strange race, conditions at the start were good but got progressively warmer and windier as the race progressed. The underfoot was hard with a 500m section of brick paving, that caused problems, I saw a few lads pull up injured on this section on the later laps.It will eventualy cost me a few toenails. For me the last 3 laps were a death march and I had no ambition other than to stop running. It realy surprised me that I was able to hold 5th position,which I held at 20 miles but lost several times before 29 miles, drifting 100m behind 7th at one stage.If I had any awareness or desire left at all I could have been 4th as he was in a worse state than me and wobbled over the line just 7 seconds in front of me having lead me by 10 to 12 mins at one stage.I suppose it shows what a tough day it was. It was awesome to watch Steve Way gradualy reel in the win, hes a class act and a nice lad.As for me Im entered for Dublin and will strap up my departing toenails and have a go and then look forward to Donadea 2013, my favourite race of 2012 and maybe of any year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭Enduro

Good
    Ahh man, you really did us proud. Once again, superb effort and an outstanding result.

It shows as well the high standard of the race at Donadea last year, given you had to work for the win there!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Sounds like a right oul battle, ultrapercy, great that you kept in there and were progressing forward in the pack at the end.

I should be on the Dublin route Monday, I will pack a scissors in case the toe nails need attention when you pass!

Bernie from SportsMassage Ireland will be on hand again to batter the pain of 50kms out of yir legs.....the pain is inevitable,cryin is optional ,with bernie that is.... not the 50k
    http://sportsmassageireland.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Good
    Mon and details sent today Anto...

Advertisement