Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    That's the spirit Jeff.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

That's the spirit Jeff.

I'm like a ray of sunshine eh? :D

I'm just ensuring we all don't loose the run of ourselves with mad happiness at the news of the promisory notes deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

jeffontour wrote: »
    I'd love to say I'm out of this! Training the past several weeks has been p1ss poor, I'm sick of running on roads and trails in training and the thought of running round this forest for ten laps appeals like a hole in the head right now!

So the sooner it's this time Saturday week and it's all over the better. And thank feck ultraman didn't follow through on his threat after the race last year to stage a 100 this year or I'd probably have twice as much hell to anticipate.
    ders a job goin as PRO for the race ,any chance youd take it on..id say ur perfect for the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Good
    I'm spending my time mentally preparing for the laps.
    I just did 58x370 mtr laps followed be 40x 370 mtr laps of the local pond at my planned race pace, the mind is willing ( A pixies live set certainly helped) but I'm beginning to question if the legs are on the same wavelength, but not feeling so bad.
    More laps for the weekend, even did a spot of dog sitting for a neighbour who was struggling to control a six month old lab, so I ran the feicer for 30mins, just to break the boredom.
    Looking forward to it now in the a DNF is better than a DNS sort of logic, can only give it my best, training hasn't been to plan, but a good event is always worth doing, regardless of the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Good
    Just do a decade of the rosary.

1 hail mary for each lap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

ultraman1 wrote: »
    ders a job goin as PRO for the race ,any chance youd take it on..id say ur perfect for the job

Yeah, so long as payment isn't free entry for next year!

jeffontour wrote: »
    Yeah, so long as payment isn't free entry for next year!
    i was thinking of doin somthing nxt year for the 6 diehards who started and finished all 3 50k's,but now ye can **** off:D

Good
    i was thinking of doin somthing nxt year for the 6 diehards who started and finished all 3 50k's,but now ye can **** off:D

Free entry to the 200k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good
    So, it seems there are a few who are looking to get in around 4:20-4.30 and I'm determined not to be running solo this year!

Any takers for a 5.20 per km* pace group?

* ~ 8.45 min miles for the old skool'ers...

Izoard wrote: »
    So, it seems there are a few who are looking to get in around 4:20-4.30 and I'm determined not to be running solo this year!

Any takers for a 5.20 per km* pace group?

* ~ 8.45 min miles for the old skool'ers...
    off top of head ,i think there is a gansy load at 4:20/30(finish time) pace

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

What time is this kicking off on Saturday?

Might go up to support!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Trampas

Good
    blockic wrote: »

Might go up to support!

10am

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Good
    blockic wrote: »

Might go up to support!
    Kicking off? Try splashing off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Anyone on for a few pints in Dublin on Sat evening to conduct the old post mortem??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    belcarra wrote: »
    Anyone on for a few pints in Dublin on Sat evening to conduct the old post mortem??

Sounds like a plan :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Pronator wrote: »

Fingers crossed but the weather looks to be picking up over the next few days :rolleyes:

Pronator wrote: »
    did a few laps today,its not dat bad,theres one puddle that would prob be ok for a normal height person,but i fear for pronater:p,,,its a bit mucky as previouslysaid on the two hills and coming towards the 3k mark, otherwise its perfect,i cant do much at mo as coilte will be cuttin down trees till friday and the machinery will be on the route till then,...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good
    did a few laps today,its not dat bad,theres one puddle that would prob be ok for a normal height person,but i fear for pronater:p,,,its a bit mucky as previouslysaid on the two hills and coming towards the 3k mark, otherwise its perfect,i cant do much at mo as coilte will be cuttin down trees till friday and the machinery will be on the route till then,...

Regular runners ok, or something a bit grippy?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Regular runners ok, or something a bit grippy?
    bring two pairs and one at the mucky bits:p,,,,,,i was wearin regular ones and found it ok,,..ill post some pics on friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good
    bring two pairs and one at the mucky bits:p,,,,,,i was wearin regular ones and found it ok,,..ill post some pics on friday

Can I change in the reflexology tent

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Can I change in the reflexology tent
    usually i leave my dignity in the car and collect it when i get back...

Good
    belcarra wrote: »

I suggested that on facebook and got ignored. :(

I suggested that on facebook and got ignored. :(
    must be only for people expected to finish:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

I've had a dose of something all week so my running has been precisely zero but will head in the direction of Dublin this evening & hope for a miracle cure by Sat morning :)

Weather looks good...

weathery.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Good luck to all ye mad folk in the morning. Hope ye all make it within yer planned times and don't lose count on the laps.:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Average
    Guys, just curious what your doing with gels and the like, carry with or are we able to leave them somewhere on the loop (start/finish?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Guys, just curious what your doing with gels and the like, carry with or are we able to leave them somewhere on the loop (start/finish?)

There is a table at the start finish where you can leave all that stuff.
    I'll definitely be only carrying the basic requirements for each lap which may include one gel per lap towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Good
    Yeah I plan on leaving drinks etc. on the table but will carry the gels to have them sucked down before the drinks stop.

Normally I'd use 3 gels in a marathon but used 4 at DCM so I reckon I'll bring 5 tomorrow - maybe carry 3 and leave 2 spares on the table.

Can't believe I've been so chilled out about this race. Normally I'm like an antichrist in the week before a marathon but it's only this morning I've started to get really wired. I had the bones of two weeks out up to last week with injury but hopefully the miles are still in the legs.

Usually I'd be on a day off before a race too - lots of sitting down etc., but it's full throttle at work today - cycled in 14 km this morning an' all. I wonder if it will have any effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Good
    opus wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

I've had a dose of something all week so my running has been precisely zero but will head in the direction of Dublin this evening & hope for a miracle cure by Sat morning :)

Weather looks good...

weathery.jpg

Looks great. Hope the track is some way firm and the Coillte lads have been kinder to it this week.

Advertisement