Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭corkrunner71

Best of luck to everyone competing tomorrow. Had hoped to sign up for this year but alas, not to be. Maybe next year, all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 anthony.whelan

Good
    Any word on the underfoot conditions?!? Coillte continue to make things tougher? going to start with road shoes but am considering having an extra pair and also a pair of trail shoes on standby

Hope everyones prep is going well! I'm wired today and just cant wait to get going! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Average
    Any word on the underfoot conditions?!? Coillte continue to make things tougher? going to start with road shoes but am considering having an extra pair and also a pair of trail shoes on standby

Hope everyones prep is going well! I'm wired today and just cant wait to get going! :)

There's a couple of pictures up on the Facebook page, pretty mucky but if its only for a KM or so i think road shoes will be fine.

As regards preperation, as usual i am convinced i havent done enough and am starting to stress! Roll on 10am!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Good
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Guys, just curious what your doing with gels and the like, carry with or are we able to leave them somewhere on the loop (start/finish?)

Leaving gel / small water bottle combos at the table....

Similar to opus been fighting a dose all week - looking forward to getting it underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Best of Luck to all doing this tomorrow...enjoy:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Younganne wrote: »
    Best of Luck to all doing this tomorrow...enjoy:D
    + 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Good
    Feeling the nerves kick in now. Still not sure how hard to run it, like a couple of others I've been struggling with acute man flu all week! Best of luck to everybody running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

have swept most of the sh1t off the course,its only surface mud,normal runners will suffice,,,hope it dosent rain tonite or that giant size welt from bendy brutal shovel will be in vain,...u will get a bit mucky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good
    The good news; I've made banana/chocolate brownies and my sister-in-law has made her famous Rice Krispie treats:D.....
    The bad news; you'll have to run 50K before you get any;)

Looking forward to a great day for us all tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Marthastew wrote: »
    The good news; I've made banana/chocolate brownies and my sister-in-law has made her famous Rice Krispie treats:D.....
    The bad news; you'll have to run 50K before you get any;)
    None for anto so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

belcarra wrote: »
    None for anto so!
    no cake no medal;) and defo no free entry next year:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Best of luck to racers and organisers. Looking forward to reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    have swept most of the sh1t off the course,its only surface mud,normal runners will suffice,,,hope it dosent rain tonite or that giant size welt from bendy brutal shovel will be in vain,...u will get a bit mucky

Black disposable socks are out and ready

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Crazy, I'm sitting here all relaxed, like I'm heading out for a long training run in the morning. I'd have jitters if it was 'just' a marathon :rolleyes: truth is I've not run in 2 weeks due to Achilles strain and a few KGS heavier. I feel a real dose of reality is going to hit on the drive up :o

Still going to get on the sub4 bus but could be wishful thinking... I'll be happy out to finish to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Best of luck to everybody tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    ...and a few KGS heavier.
    Don't worry. That'll be sorted by this time tomorrow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Don't worry. That'll be sorted by this time tomorrow. :)

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Good luck in the morning folks, we'll be there about 12ish to give you some roars of encouragement!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    digger2d2 wrote: »
    Good luck in the morning folks, we'll be there about 12ish to give you some roars of encouragement!
    Popping out to pick-up your t-shirt? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

Best of Luck to all running in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Apparently Bazman won in sub 3.05

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Apparently Bazman won in sub 3.05

And he was planning on taking it easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

And he was planning on taking it easy!

Maybe he did take it easy!

Good
    Itziger wrote: »

Maybe he did take it easy!
    He flew by me anyways...twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

belcarra wrote: »
    He flew by me anyways...twice!

How did you do Belcarra? Kentucky Pete tells me he had a good but tough first 50k. 3:56 finish and a bit of medical aid needed at the end.

Sounds like a great day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    he passed me on the line when I still had three laps to go. Now that was demoralizing! Big Ups to marthastew for winning the ladies race, brilliant run

Good
    Itziger wrote: »

How did you do Belcarra? Kentucky Pete tells me he had a good but tough first 50k. 3:56 finish and a bit of medical aid needed at the end.

Sounds like a great day out!
    Great day alright. I just did the marathon distance this year - 3:41. I did 42km last Sat and that was still in the legs for the final few laps, hence bailing at 8.5 laps!
    Hope KP is alright again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Well done Marthastew on setting a marathon PB in those conditions on the way to winning the ladies race in a course record. That is some going in those conditions.

I found it really tough going today with the mud at the back of the course, really energy sapping, was feeling awful right from the start and decided to bail early before I slaughtered myself :mad: Will have to get my revenge next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jcunniffe

Provisional results are now up on redtagtiming.com

Well done to all today.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Good
    Great race for me, I managed to finish it 4hrs 45 mins which was 11 mins quicker than 2012. I ran the first 20 miles at nearly the same pace as last year but didn't slow up anything as a bad as last year.

Thanks Anto for a great race and really well organised as usual.

Advertisement