Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Average
    Went out far too fast and really struggled through the last two laps and got in in 4.05! Really good event tho, might have to make it a regular outing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

menoscemo wrote: »
    I found it really tough going today with the mud at the back of the course, really energy sapping, was feeling awful right from the start and decided to bail early before I slaughtered myself :mad: Will have to get my revenge next year.

Wise move meno if you were not feeling it. You have bigger fish to fry in a few weeks anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Good
    Very enjoyable race. 4:20 for me which I was pleased with, felt strong right the way through, a good confidence boost for Conn.
    I thought getting lapped by the front runners would be slightly demoralizing but enjoyed watching them power past (each time:o), some savage times, well done from first to last.
    Also a big thanks to the organisers and Marshall's. I'll be back!
    Great to put some more faces to usernames as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 d.runs

Good
    Well done to Anthony and team for an excellent race.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

Good
    Well done Anto. Smashing event and well organised. Just about got the feeling back in my legs now.;) Do you increase the gradient on that hill each lap or was that just me:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good
    5 star race, the mixture of course and underfoot conditions made it nice and interesting. Well done anto and helpers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good
    Massive thanks from Mr Stew and I to Anto and his amazing team of volunteers, a truly exceptional race which we were so delighted to be a part of. The support along the way was fabulous:D
    Also special thanks to everyone we chatted with along the way, a real sense of the wonderful running community that we are all so lucky to belong to:)
    Apologies for almost throwing up on you at the Finish line Anto, don't think I've ever pushed myself so hard, I've decided to clock my time as 3.59.85;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    Great event I have to say! Well done to everyone, runners & organisers.

For me as I feared, whatever fecking malady I had all week caught up with me for the last two laps when I started having problems breathing so as they say on the Marathontalk podcast 'I adopted a walk/run strategy', run a few hundred meters, walk for a little while to catch my breath & repeat. Boy was I glad to get to the finish line! Was hoping to get in under four hours but was over by a fews mins, would have been more but Kentuckypete towed me around a bit faster :)

Was funny that evening, my voice went around 8pm so that I could just about croak, presumably the result of the day's carry on!

Will definitely try and come back for a return match next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Some photos of the day here (hope the link works!)

Looks like it was a great day/race. Congrats to the organisers and all the participants!

• Advertisement

Good
    Emer911 wrote: »
    Some photos of the day here (hope the link works!)

Thanks Emer, I can't seem to get that link to work:( Anyone else having any luck?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Average
    Marthastew wrote: »
    Thanks Emer, I can't seem to get that link to work:( Anyone else having any luck?:)

Nope!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Itziger wrote: »
    Maybe he did take it easy!

Thats what i meant!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Have to say, i kinda want to do this next year, told the wife New York will be my last for awhile, wonder if i could push to this and then step back in distance!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Diesel

Good
    Hi Folks

I have a set of images posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhshelley/sets/72157632784408428/

Hope you enjoy.
    Seriously impressed with folks commitment running this.

Emer - your Link failed to load, any chance to repost in longhand ?
    rgds
    Diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good
    Diesel wrote: »
    Hi Folks

I have a set of images posted here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhshelley/sets/72157632784408428/

Hope you enjoy.

Great pix, just added a few as favorites.

Good
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Great pix, just added a few as favorites.

+ 1, fabulous photos, you really captured the day.

I particularly liked the one that makes the incline after 1K look as bad as it felt in the last lap.
    Mr Stew never misses an opportunity to do his Bolt impersonation, you got a great shot of him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rasher_m

+ 1, fabulous photos, you really captured the day.

I particularly liked the one that makes the incline after 1K look as bad as it felt in the last lap.
    Mr Stew never misses an opportunity to do his Bolt impersonation, you got a great shot of him

You look as fit looking especially in that last picture of you. Well done, that hill looks like a nightmare.

Good
    Thanks folks

Have to say - the banter from the athletes whilst running - great atmosphere !
    Though how you can run that length and still be chatting throughout - beats me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

fixed the link
    here it is again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good
    Diesel wrote: »
    Thanks folks

Have to say - the banter from the athletes whilst running - great atmosphere !
    Though how you can run that length and still be chatting throughout - beats me....

Wednesday eve, 8pm, you know where, we'll show you......;)

Photos are fantastic, thanks a lot. J

Good
    :):)

I know where... I just have to suss out who ??
    And if I'm made sweat too much...
    Then the lens will have to be trained again !

:D:D

J..

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

Good
    belcarra wrote: »
    Hope KP is alright again?

Yep, thanks Belcarra - all good. Hypothermia was the diagnosis so into the ambulance for 20 minutes wrapped up in blankets along with 6 of the best ham sandwiches I've ever tasted.

Then the final cure was Meno's prescription - a snackbox below in Sallins :)

Delighted with the day now in hindsight. I came 2nd in M45 so I'm thinking it might be like Miss World - if the winner gets sick or poses for inappropriate photos or something I might have to stand in.

It could happen like...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    Yep, thanks Belcarra - all good. Hypothermia was the diagnosis so into the ambulance for 20 minutes wrapped up in blankets along with 6 of the best ham sandwiches I've ever tasted.

Then the final cure was Meno's prescription - a snackbox below in Sallins :)

Delighted with the day now in hindsight. I came 2nd in M45 so I'm thinking it might be like Miss World - if the winner gets sick or poses for inappropriate photos or something I might have to stand in.

It could happen like...

Your first job as miss world stand in is to come back up and wash my car. There's Coke all over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    Hey all, i have updated my blog with a report on Saturday and it can be seen here.

Thanks for the free entry Anto and for all the organisation and race itself. Nothing like a 50km race 6 weeks into the new year to get one's ass in gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭glennhysen

Good
    Hey all, i have updated my blog with a report on Saturday and it can be seen here.

Thanks for the free entry Anto and for all the organisation and race itself. Nothing like a 50km race 6 weeks into the new year to get one's ass in gear!

Great race report, I think you captured the day pretty well

glennhysen wrote: »
    Great race report, I think you captured the day pretty well

+1 great report belcarra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Good
    I just happened to be browsing through the latest copy of Men's Running (Not for wimmin!!) in my local Eurospar when what should appear as I turned the page but 3 or 4 photos from Donadea (including a major close-up of Sideswipe!) in a feature about trail marathons.
    I know Peter Mooney got credited with the photos but just wondering if you were aware of the feature Anto?
    Don't think they made specific reference to the Donadea race but I was in a rush so maybe there's something in there somewhere...!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I just happened to be browsing through the latest copy of Men's Running (Not for wimmin!!) in my local Eurospar when what should appear as I turned the page but 3 or 4 photos from Donadea (including a major close-up of Sideswipe!) in a feature about trail marathons.
    I know Peter Mooney got credited with the photos but just wondering if you were aware of the feature Anto?
    Don't think they made specific reference to the Donadea race but I was in a rush so maybe there's something in there somewhere...!

Down in The Peoples Republic a lad posted the pic. Handsome shot of Kentucky Pete, which is saying something ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Advertisement