Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Woundedknee.

Looking forward to this now. Se you all on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I had planned to do a 1h50 on Saturday and a 2h20 on Sunday just gone. Ended up doing one measly 62 minute run on Sunday. Disaster.

On the bright side I got a massage tonight and got some tight spots worked out. I'm good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    parking at st kevins Gaa club which is also the scoopage area......no medals ,no cert and ur only ok,but u do get a number wit ur name....
    If I brought my own medal and certificate, could I get someone to hand them to me?
    Looking forward to the run. What's the surface like out in Donadea? Is it soggy/mucky, stoney, or tarmacy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

What's the surface like out in Donadea? Is it soggy/mucky, stoney, or tarmacy?

is all of the above....

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

is all of the above....
    Dont mind him KC. It's all nice compacted paths upon while buggies call easily roll and runners majestically glide. That is unless UM1 has been out liberally watering the course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,608 ✭✭✭donothoponpop

Good
    lecheile wrote: »
    Dont mind him KC. It's all nice compacted paths upon while buggies call easily roll and runners majestically glide. That is unless UM1 has been out liberally watering the course!

If we book a buggy seat, do we get to chose who pushes it? (bags Abhainn)

Weather is looking good, cool and bright.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

lecheile wrote: »
    That is unless UM1 has been out liberally watering the course!

Don't give him ideas :pac:

Regarding the weather. I'm told the race will go ahead even if the sun is shining.

What's the surface like out in Donadea? Is it soggy/mucky, stoney, or tarmacy?

just been around it this evening is actually all of the above so dont wear ur new runners,it

directions from clane.....coming from naas direction youll come into clane strauight through,turn left at esso petrol station,straight on for 2 and a bit miles to painestown petrol station,turn left at this crossroads heading for staplestown,straight through to the next crossroads,the park walls will be on ur right past a few big gafs,,keep goin through anudda crosroads and St kevins is on ur right anbout 400metres past the crossroads.....hope this helps....DP,dont get lost

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    Anyone else not so confident to follow directions from ultraman?!

Good
    directions from clane.....DP,dont get lost

Bang goes my "Sorry I'm lost" phone call I was going to make at noon, from my bed. I'm fast running out of excuses here, hell, if Krusty posts his recipe for flapjacks, I'll be all out, and may have to run this thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭Enduro

Good
    Good luck everyone. Hope it's a great day's running for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Bang goes my "Sorry I'm lost" phone call I was going to make at noon, from my bed.

Bugger, I was going to use that one!

I'm actually looking forward to this now, should be a nice indicator of how my training is going. I haven't gotten enough longer runs in so far this year but my mileage and conisistency of running is miles ahead of any other time.

At the worst there should be a nice bit of banter and craic running round in circles. It's great to have a chance to try a looped course with other runners without having to shell out cash. I suppose I have ambitions towards 24 hour racing at some stage and this is a great way to test the format of repeated loops.

Big respect has to go out to ultraman1 for organising but he owes me one for taping his toes in Connemara a few years back!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Good luck to everyone running this

Good
    Well done to all out in Donadea today. All runners did really well. Cracking win aswell. :eek:

The volunteers were amazing too. :pac:

Good
    Ultraman really is DA MAN. Great race, the organization was superb. What started as soft forest trail felt harder and stonier as the laps went on. Loads of assistants, fair play to their amazingness, but Anto really delivered in spades today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    Great race and fair play to Anto and the volunteers.

4:21 for me, much better than expected though I think I may pay for that in Barcelona next weekend.

1..keith whyte....3:26:27
    2.joe cawely......3:29:03
    3..john oregan....3:41:32
    jim mcCormic...3:41:32
    5..peter mooney..3:44:49
    6..rory mooney...3:46:49
    7..tony brennan...3:52:29
    gary condon....3:52:29
    9..pat quill..........3:55:57
    10..justin mckeever..3:58:28
    11..jeff fitzsimmons...3:58:52
    12..niall campbell....4:21:22
    ...eammonn hodge.4:21:22
    14..chriastian nachital..4:26:00
    15..tom enright..4:41:45
    16....jonh brady....4:48:18
    17...eammonn dargan..4:53:30
    18...finn o meara...4:54:25......first female

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

Good
    1..keith whyte....3:26:27
    2.joe cawely......3:29:03
    3..john oregan....3:41:32
    jim mcCormic...3:41:32
    5..peter mooney..3:44:49
    6..rory mooney...3:46:49
    9..pat quill..........3:55:57
    10..justin mckeever..3:58:28
    11..jeff fitzsimmons...3:58:52
    12..niall campbell....4:21:22
    ...eammonn hodge.4:21:22
    14..chriastian nachital..4:26:00
    15..tom enright..4:41:45
    16....jonh brady....4:48:18
    17...eammonn dargan..4:53:30
    18...finn o meara...4:54:25......first female
    Amazing quality in todays race, top 2 under 3.30 and top 11 under 4 hours. ell done everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    I'll get you next time Cork-man. :)
    Hope the lamb was as good as it sounded on lap 8!

A very enjoyable day and well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good
    Great race today, really well organised. I'm willing to forgive the absence of medal and certificate as I'm framing my No.1 race number

photos from today are here

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

Great day out today, well done Ultraman. I managed to get under the 4 hour mark which was my main goal largely in thanks to mithril who helped me greatly by letting me tag along with him for 85% of the race.

Oh and bagged a marathon PB along the way, score!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Well done everyone, it looked like fun (well until lap 4 anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

++ 1 from me also.

Well done to all. Great having a great ultra done and dusted by end Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

5* Brilliantly well organised. Congratulations again Ultraman. Pity you didnt get to run it yourself , it was really enjoyable. Thank you for making the day such a success.
    Super to meet all the lads as well although I am no wiser as to know who is who from the boards!
    First and last at the same time.:D Wont ever happen again , I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Well done all, particularly to Anto & assistants for making it happen. It sounds fantastic.

thanks for all the kind words:o,but i couldnt of done it without some great help from tony and des pickin up stuff and markin the courseand checkin stuff and numerous other stuff,Jarleth for all the SIS gels and energy drinks in the goody bag,me aunty marian for keepin the time keepers on their toes,jo from kildare marathon for support before the event and during the race,victoria for doin the medical stuff,richard donavan at URI for help and siupport in getting the IAU permit,ger from coillte for the forest permit,mrs um1 for my permit,maebh and frank for time keepin and pacin,john and eamonn for help leadin up to the event and for the pins and designin the numbers....the list goes on and sorry if i forgot any one...roll on next year:D

• Advertisement

Good
    thanks for all the kind words:o,but i couldnt of done it without some great help from tony and des pickin up stuff and markin the course,me aunty marian for keepin the time keepers on their toes,jo from kildare marathon for support before the event and during the race,victoria for doin the medical stuff,richard donavan at URI for help and siupport in getting the IAU permit,ger from coillte for the forest permit,mrs um1 for my permit,maebh and frank for time keepin and pacin,john and eamonn for help leadin up to the event and for the pins and designin the numbers....the list goes on and sorry if i forgot any one...roll on next year:D

So what exactly did you do other than standing around looking pretty?

Advertisement