Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Gary O'Hanlon stepping up to 50K with no specific preparation. How will he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭Enduro

Good
    Pretty feckin' fast I imagine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Enduro wrote: »
    Pretty feckin' fast I imagine :)
    hope he can swim aswell:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    pistol_75 wrote: »

There's no real difference between a marathon and a 50k, especially for a runner who is already used to running marathons in quick succession

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »

You're having me worried now. How bad is it? Photos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

bye bye yellow kinvaras....I hardly knew ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

pistol_75 wrote: »
    There's no real difference between a marathon and a 50k, especially for a runner who is already used to running marathons in quick succession

+1 agree with TBF. Shouldn't be a problem. If he really goes for it he could get close to going under 3 hours as well. Is there an official Irish record? Would imagine he could break it. Also I wonder is there any age world records, would be interesting to see if he would be in a position to break that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

What did Bazman run it in a few years ago?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    TRR wrote: »
    +1 agree with TBF. Shouldn't be a problem. If he really goes for it he could get close to going under 3 hours as well. Is there an official Irish record? Would imagine he could break it. Also I wonder is there any age world records, would be interesting to see if he would be in a position to break that too!

Beat Bazmans time for last year?

Good
    The Irish national track record over 50k is 2:58:22, set by Mick Molloy in 1978, which was his halfway split when setting the Irish national track record for 100k! :eek:
    I couldn't find any official road records (or does this count as trail only?).

Bazman ran 3:05:04 last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Beat Bazmans time for last year?
    Bazman ran 3:05:04 last year.

Time flies by when you get to my age :rolleyes::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭Enduro

Good
    Bazman has a faster Marathon PB, I think. He also has experience of this race. All things being equal my money would be on Bazman. Of course the form that they are both in at this time of the season will probably have a bigger bearing, so in all likelyhood all things will not be equal (and I've no idea what form either of them are in at the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    What time is kick-off? Hoping to get out for a look-see.

Enduro wrote: »
    Bazman has a faster Marathon PB, I think. He also has experience of this race. All things being equal my money would be on Bazman. Of course the form that they are both in at this time of the season will probably have a bigger bearing, so in all likelyhood all things will not be equal (and I've no idea what form either of them are in at the moment).

yeah Bazman's PB over the marathon is ~6 minutes quicker than Gary's. Ravis Zakis is another guy who could win it. I think his marathon PB is slightly slower than Gary's but I think he has been starting to target ultra distances so should be in some shape!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    What time is kick-off? Hoping to get out for a look-see.

10. Don't be jealous now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    PaulieC wrote: »
    10. Don't be jealous now :P
    We'll see who's jealous of who, at 2pm on Saturday. :)

Good
    We'll see who's jealous of who, at 2pm on Saturday. :)

Depending on the weather, it could be 2:30 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Good
    bring yaks....or tennis rackets
    You're having me worried now. How bad is it? Photos!

Are conditions really that bad? I'm hoping it's not much worse than last year. Do I need to source a second Child of Prague?
    Belcarra, surely you should have been along by now with another weather forecast????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Marthastew wrote: »
    Are conditions really that bad? I'm hoping it's not much worse than last year. Do I need to source a second Child of Prague?
    Belcarra, surely you should have been along by now with another weather forecast????

I think u have been praying to the illigitimite child of Satan...I can't even hang me washin out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    Marthastew wrote: »

Looks like it could be a bit rainy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Best of luck to all on Saturday. Hope ye don't end up swimming or hurdling over fallen trees :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

If the weather plays ball I'll be taking my 2 year old out for a stroll and to cheer ye on. I've already taught her how to yell "ultra sucks" seriously though good luck all and will see you out there (hopefully)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Good luck to all those running tomorrow...Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    So as I pushed my bike out the door into the lashing rain coupled with blustery wind to head to work this morning, the only thought in my head was "Please (insert deity of choice*) not like this tomorrow!"

* For me the FSM!

Good
    famous last words: even if it is windy tomorrow, we should be sheltered from the worst of it by the forest.

Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Good
    famous last words: even if it is windy tomorrow, we should be sheltered from the worst of it by the forest.

Doh!

I'll be looking for a pacer to tuck in behind - know anyone?:)

Good

Doh!

I know, I know, famous last words and all, but 2 years ago there were gusts of 60 kph on race day, yet we only got a bit of a breeze inside the forest park.

I'm more worried about the water quality in that pond ....

drquirky wrote: »
    If the weather plays ball I'll be taking my 2 year old out for a stroll and to cheer ye on. I've already taught her how to yell "ultra sucks" seriously though good luck all and will see you out there (hopefully)

If I've read this post correctly you want me to bring that running buggy along tomorrow so you can join in the 50k with your daughter and become a real man. Say no more quirky, say no more!

Good
    Izoard wrote: »
    I'll be looking for a pacer to tuck in behind - know anyone?:)

You'd be all over the shop with those pacing flags. In the lake at least once.

Speaking of pace, anyone planning on a 4hr finish time (~7:40 pace I hope) ? I know Meno said he was, but I don't fully believe him :D. Would be nice to have some company...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good
    Right, that's me packed for tomorrow

1000x1000.jpg

Advertisement