Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Right, that's me packed for tomorrow

If we get enough of those, we could sew them together like Clint did in Escape from Alcatraz and make dinghies. It's bound to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    PaulieC wrote: »
    You'd be all over the shop with those pacing flags. In the lake at least once.

Speaking of pace, anyone planning on a 4hr finish time (~7:40 pace I hope) ? I know Meno said he was, but I don't fully believe him :D. Would be nice to have some company...

I have a vague plan of heading out at that pace. Last time I ran the first half in 2:00 and the second in 1:50 and I might aim for the same again, but I won't guarantee anything. Especially if meno is ahead of me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Right, that's me packed for tomorrow

1000x1000.jpg

<obligatory jackyback joke>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good

Speaking of pace, anyone planning on a 4hr finish time (~7:40 pace I hope) ? I know Meno said he was, but I don't fully believe him :D. Would be nice to have some company...
    I have a vague plan of heading out at that pace. Last time I ran the first half in 2:00 and the second in 1:50 and I might aim for the same again, but I won't guarantee anything. Especially if meno is ahead of me :D

Haha, no that's definitely my plan.
    If Tomas speeds up on lap six I might go with him for 1km and push him into the pond :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good

He'll be chasing CL around as usual, don't mind him. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Canine Marathoner

Good
    hoping to run 4hrs too...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,008 ✭✭✭opus

Good
    hoping to run 4hrs too...

Pretty much the same for me...

Good
    He'll be chasing CL around as usual, don't mind him. ;)

You're just jealous :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Younganne

Good luck to all doing this tomorrow.
    Whatever about the rain being "not too wet":D heres wishing the windy conditions stay away for a few hours anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Best of luck all, enjoy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Good
    Good luck everybody. I'm out with a dodgy ankle:mad:

Good
    menoscemo wrote: »
    You're just jealous :p

I'd rather poke at my eyeballs with red hot fire pokers than be chased around Donadea by you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

I'd rather poke at my eyeballs with red hot fire pokers than be chased around Donadea by you. :)

happy valentines day everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

I'd rather poke at my balls with red hot fire pokers :)
    so wud meno...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

https://www.facebook.com/NorthernIrelandRunning

speedy eh??

Further afield (on Saturday 15th February 2014), a number of NI based endurance athletes will travel to County Kildare (Ireland) for the Dondea 50k ultra-trail race, which will incorerate the AAI National 50k Championships.

This year the AAI National Championships will attract an array of top ultra running talent, including the 2013 winner and 2:17:00 marathon man Barry Minnock (Rathfarnham WSAF), Irish 100k record holder Keith Whyte (Ennis Track Club), Ireland International ultra-runner and previous winner of the Energia 24 hour event, John O'Regan (Le Chéíle AC), top ultra trail and fell runner Paul Tierney (Eagle AC & Ambleside AC) and the famous author Gerry Duffy (Unattached). Local athletes should include, Justin Maxwell (East Coast AC), Matthew Hewitt (East Coast AC), Paul Nesbitt (Unattached), Chris Denton (Springwell Running Club), Trevor Denton (100 Marathon Club), Robert Reynolds (Unattached) and Jim McCormick (North Belfast Harriers).

The ladies field is likely to be just as competitive and will include at least three athletes who have raced well in Northern Ireland in the last few years; AAI National 50k Champion Olywn Dunne (Cusaders AC), Irish indoor 24hr record holder Valerie Galvin (Club Unknown), Ireland international ultra-runner and previous winner of the Energia 24hr Race, Dierdre Finn (Club Unknown) and Energia 24hr Race competitor Caroline McLoughlin (100 Marathon Club), who also won the gruelling Art O'Neill Challenge in 2013 and 2014. Accompanying these established athletes will be the speedy Orna Dilworth (Sportsworld AC) and Energia 24hr podium finisher Donna McLoughlin (100 Marathon Club), who is the sister of the aforementioned Caroline McLoughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Best of luck to everyone running tomorrow..just watch out for any falling trees!!

Might pop up for a look, I'll wait until I look out the window in the morning! :D

Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Good
    RayCun wrote: »
    <obligatory jackyback joke>

In fairness that was set up nicely.

You will see i am actually a giant of a man!!

Anyone planning something around 4.30km pace??

Good
    Anyone planning something around 4.30km pace??

You're in the running forum now dear...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

You're in the running forum now dear...

Yeah 7 min miles or so (for a while anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow!!

I'll be there to support

• Advertisement

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone running tomorrow!!

I'll be there to support

Bring cake or DBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Good luck to everyone running today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mrkite

Going up to support. Is it ok to run a few laps with person I'm supporting?

Good
    Gary O'Hanlon on track to win. On his last lap now.

Gary O'Hanlon on track to win. On his last lap now.

Sub 3 for Gary and the win. Class.
    Zakis of West waterford 2nd
    Rory Mooney 3rd.

Any ladies results?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Gary won and went sub 3 hours which is super stuff.

Claralara won ladies in 3.43 (I think)

Both qualify for 50k World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

Wow, wow, wow! Huge congrats to Claralara! Fantastic time! Just wow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Good
    Very well organised by Anto and team again, weather held up while I was running, but know there was a hail shower for the last few laps for those doing the full 50.
    I pretty much stuck to my plan, ran 7 laps (21.8 mls), a little faster than planned but the legs were responsive, 8 miles at 7:04 pace followed by 13.8 at 6:52 pace for an average of 6:54 pace to finish at 2hrs30.
    Finished in good shape as in I could have continued for another lap or 2 at that pace, a nice long run with company banked and no interruption to the schedule.
    Great running by Gary and Orna, ran with Orna for 3 laps and it was taking nothing out of her - more to come.

Good
    blockic wrote: »
    Sub 3 for Gary and the win. Class.
    Zakis of West waterford 2nd
    Rory Mooney 3rd.

Any ladies results?

Claralara 1st in 3:43. Marthastew 2nd and Donna mcLoughlin 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Good
    Jaysis that was a great race. I should do more of this running lark. :)

Good to meet a few of ya. Cheers Anto, really enjoyed today.

Advertisement