Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donadea 50km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jeffontour

So what exactly did you do other than standing around looking pretty?

And he didn't even do that very well! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

So what exactly did you do other than standing around looking pretty?
    you think im pretty:eek:...

found a polar strap at finish line....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good
    ultraman1 wrote: »
    thanks for all the kind words:o,but i couldnt of done it without some great help from tony and des pickin up stuff and markin the courseand checkin stuff and numerous other stuff,Jarleth for all the SIS gels and energy drinks in the goody bag,me aunty marian for keepin the time keepers on their toes,jo from kildare marathon for support before the event and during the race,victoria for doin the medical stuff,richard donavan at URI for help and siupport in getting the IAU permit,ger from coillte for the forest permit,mrs um1 for my permit,maebh and frank for time keepin and pacin,john and eamonn for help leadin up to the event and for the pins and designin the numbers....the list goes on and sorry if i forgot any one...roll on next year:D

Are you nominated for an Oscar tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Good
    Facebook page for the event is here , Will probably make it into a proper user page for the next one. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭jaymack75

Well done Ultraman on a great event......looking forward to next year :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Good
    you think im pretty:eek:...

Well, not really, I just wanted to make it seem like you did something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

I'll get you next time Cork-man. :)
    Hope the lamb was as good as it sounded on lap 8!

KC you are obviously not aware of the detail in the IAU rule book... you may find the following extract relevant...
    47.1 In circumstances where there is a dead heat (without photographic evidence) the following will be considered in determining the finishing order:-

47.1.1 The proximity of the principal residence of each athlete, as the crow flies, to the finish line. The closer athlete given the position OR
    47.1.2 The age of each athlete, verified by birth certificate, the older athlete given the benefit of the position OR
    47.1.3 The overall looks, personality and fragrance of each athlete will be assessed and the position given to the one deemed to be most acceptable

Given that I was not asked for proof of address or copy of birth certificate, I can only assume that Section 47.1.3 applied!!

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

Aimman wrote: »
    Great race today, really well organised. I'm willing to forgive the absence of medal and certificate as I'm framing my No.1 race number

photos from today are here

And a few more photos here - thanks Asminov for great quality pics - you can borrow camera any time :)

Good
    lecheile wrote: »
    And a few more photos here - thanks Asminov for great quality pics - you can borrow camera any time :)

My camera dodging skills are rusty. :(

Woundedknee turning his t-shirt inside out was one of the highlights of the day! :pac:

• Advertisement

http://statistik.d-u-v.org/search_event.php?&sname=donadea&Language=EN......
    Official results are to be found here and when i get all your D.O.B. the results will be put in the world rankings,they are only in the irish rankings at the moment(sorry krusty,hope you printed it)).

I have provisionally put the date down for next years race on the 11th february 2011 and have re-applied for IAU bronze label.Next years race will have have 60 max competitors and the 5hr cut-off will still apply but there will be a marathon split for any one who doesnt make that....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,525 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Good
    http://statistik.d-u-v.org/search_event.php?&sname=donadea&Language=EN......
    Official results are to be found here and when i get all your D.O.B. the results will be put in the world rankings,they are only in the irish rankings at the moment(sorry krusty,hope you printed it)).

I have provisionally put the date down for next years race on the 11th february 2011 and have re-applied for IAU bronze label.Next years race will have have 60 max competitors and the 5hr cut-off will still apply but there will be a marathon split for any one who doesnt make that....
    I'll just have to take solace in the fact that I've moved from 805th in the 50k world rankings, to 750th, and have finally taken back my rightful place, one positon ahead of Lecheile. :D

have 25 confirmed already,so pm me or stick down ur name on FB page if you have the intention of doin this ,entries will open late sept

Entry will be open for this next friday.Its been confirmed as the Irish 50km championships:)....http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_102353996509605&ap=1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Good
    While it is my intention to run one of these in the new year (assuming a non-death situation in the DCM), this may be a little early for me. However, if you are looking for crew/photograhpy, I'd be more than willing to help out on the day. It would give me a good idea of the setup of an UM...

edit...some photos of DCM 2010, just in case...http://www.poolbegphoto.com/dcm2010

Good
    While it is my intention to run one of these in the new year (assuming a non-death situation in the DCM), this may be a little early for me. However, if you are looking for crew/photograhpy, I'd be more than willing to help out on the day. It would give me a good idea of the setup of an UM...

edit...some photos of DCM 2010, just in case...http://www.poolbegphoto.com/dcm2010

If you get through the marathon OK and recover well. Just do it, slow the pace for the 50km and you'll be fine.

The only way you know if you can do it is if you give it a try. Plus, it's laps so if it's not going right you can call it a day quite easily. Go for it.

thanks for the offer cambo,any help on the day would be mucho appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

Has entry opened yet for this race? had a quick look at the FB page but looked like entry is not open yet?

P.S. not mad looking at entering 50K runs at 7am on a Sat morning, half time in the rugby !!

Entry will be open for this next friday.Its been confirmed as the Irish 50km championships:)....http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/home.php?sk=group_102353996509605&ap=1

dernipper wrote: »
    Has entry opened yet for this race? had a quick look at the FB page but looked like entry is not open yet?

P.S. not mad looking at entering 50K runs at 7am on a Sat morning, half time in the rugby !!
    it will be open in the next couple of days,ill put up a form here

• Advertisement

Thanks, is there a limit to entry?

it will be open in the next couple of days,ill put up a form here

60 max

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/198520/177279.docx

entry form for the donadea 50k....print and post

Thanks for that, entry form completed and will post in the morning,,,, from looking at the results from last year I think I could be amongst the last home right up against the 5 hour limit,,, ah sure if thats the case I can give you a hand and pick up the mile markers as I struggle home !!

Is the course laps of the 10k route (or the section of the 10k route within the forest itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ELFOYZER

Good

Cheers Ultraman1. Will send off entry today too. Are you expecting to fill the race quickly? I know one or two others that would be interested in this too.

I think I could be amongst the last home right up against the 5 hour limit,

Is the course laps of the 10k route (or the section of the 10k route within the forest itself)

some of the 10 km route,theres a garmin link a few post back,,u shud be able for a 4:10 marathon to finish in 5hrs

ELFOYZER wrote: »
    Are you expecting to fill the race quickly?.
    nearly full all ready:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Good
    here is my garmin link for the race last year. I assume the course is still the same.

Thanks, will have a look, I am around the 3:30 mark for the marathon, the extra miles will be interesting !
    I think I could be amongst the last home right up against the 5 hour limit,

some of the 10 km route,theres a garmin link a few post back,,u shud be able for a 4:10 marathon to finish in 5hrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Good
    nearly full all ready:)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was waiting for payday to send off my cheque. Change of plans.
    Don't start without me! :D

Advertisement