Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movie maker question

Options
  • 14-02-2011 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

im using windows movie maker on windows 7, i was just wondering is it possible to have 2 audio running over each other, for example can i have a song in the background and then put in some audio sound effects on top of the song?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I never did that with Movie Maker but this might help:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/272955

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Dont think you can...would you consider going to pc world and buying adobe premiere elements for€50? u can do anything with that...no too hard either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

You should be able to. I've seen stuff editied on movie maker that had multiple audio tracks on it.

Couldn't tell you how though, I use Vegas myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Just had a quick look on movie maker on windows 7 there.

It has two audio channels. One attached to the video and one seperate for music or FX.

Maybe cut your piece together and add music to it. Then render it as an AVI (high quality). Import that into Movie maker again and the music will be on the "attached to video" audio channel, which means you can put the FX on the music/FX channel.

That should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 engel Kengel

think I should have started with you instead of the lame support people from the manufacturer or MS. I need help with Windows Movie Maker. I have a Gateway laptop (MX6445) with a Turion 64 processor, 1 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, DVDRW, ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics, running XP MCE 2002. I’m having trouble with Windows Movie Maker reading and working with MPEG files. These files work fine on all my other PCs and laptops. If I import an MPEG file for editing, I can see it fine. It shows in the preview pane on the right too. However, if I drag more than one clip to the storyboard/timeline at the bottom and then press PLAY, nothing happens. The button changes indicating it “should” be playing but nothing is happening. I contacted Gateway support twice. Both times they suggested removing Windows Movie Maker and reinstalling it. Duh! It’s part of SP2. It’s not a separate download. I use this laptop for work with video presentations through PowerPoint. Right now I’m having to create the WMV files on a different PC and transfer them to this laptop to use them. Can you provide any help? I would greatly appreciate it.
    First, I’ve already established that Gateway support is beyond pathetic. Your first mistake was believing in what Gateway used to be rather than what they are today (don’t worry, I made the same mistake).
    Second, I believe your problem is tied directly to codecs. Select Options from the Tools menu, then flip to the Compatibility tab. From there, remove the checkmarks from every box. Restart Windows Movie Maker (for good measure). Now, are those MPEGs happy campers? If not, you might consider converting them or editing them in another video tool altogether.

• Advertisement
Advertisement