Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lorcan Murray,hard working DJ.

• 14-02-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭

He does 5am to 7am every weekday on RTE Radio 1, and 4pm to 7pm on Sunday on Cyril MF.

One day off a week?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Only 10 hrs on air weekdays though. Could Sunday be pre-recorded or VTed?

cml387 wrote: »
    Cyril MF.
    LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭cml387

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Only 10 hrs on air weekdays though. Could Sunday be pre-recorded or VTed?
    Not unless he could predict the half time score of the Ireland France rugby match.

Not unless he could predict the half time score of the Ireland France rugby match.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I know a lad who's currently working 12 hour days, 7 days a week for the next 4 weeks.

Just saying is all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

He does 5am to 7am every weekday on RTE Radio 1, and 4pm to 7pm on Sunday on Cyril MF.

One day off a week?

What is Cyril MF???? It is hard to do 6 days a week, but its the way really in broadcasting. Look at FM104 for example, their presenters do 4-5 hour shows Monday to Friday and most of them have a weekend show to contend with too. Over all, his on air time isn't what you'd call excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Fran1985 wrote: »
    What is Cyril MF???? It is hard to do 6 days a week, but its the way really in broadcasting. Look at FM104 for example, their presenters do 4-5 hour shows Monday to Friday and most of them have a weekend show to contend with too. Over all, his on air time isn't what you'd call excessive.

When compared with Marion "4-hours a week" Finucane however....

Oh and she was paid €570,000 in 2008. A great return on your hard earned money...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

One day off a week?

Its 5.30AM start on RTEs Rising Time I'm pretty sure so its only 10.5 hours per week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭serfboard

One day off a week?

Love "Cyril MF" :D

I'd say though that the Sunday slot is possibly a pre-record? If he has texts or competitions then it's not, if he hasn't then it probably is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Fran1985 wrote: »
    What is Cyril MF??

LIRYC FM - Saturday, 2.30-5.30pm

lorcan.lyricfm@rte.ie

Some of the world's finest music throughout the afternoon with Lorcan Murray, as he presents an engaging blend of classical music, familiar favourites and hidden gems with news and weather updates hourly on the half-hour.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

At least he doesn't earn a grotesque wage like Finucane. She's not worth half of it. 4 hours a week and 500k, not a bad way to have it. Get Olivia O'Leary a show for her drivetime diaries alone. Shame RTE keep pushing Finucane, O'Callaghan on us when O'Leary is just as good if not better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

I hear him on Lyric FM Sat and Sun from 4 - 7 pm currently. They sound like live shows to me, as he's always going on about texting him.
    So thats seven days a week live.
    Not the worst on Lyric, although prone to the odd howler when it comes to crediting the music and/or artist.
    Sounds to me like he's doing Lyric till a better offer on 2Fm/ Radio One comes along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Tapes

Well maxi has been removed from the risin time page on the radio one website and lorcon has been put on it, so that must mean its his show from now on, i expect in that case his weekend shows on lyric to disappear next time they have a schedule change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What's wrong with the Max??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

She's unwell, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Well I hope she gets better,as I liked her on the radio.

Advertisement