Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FBD insurance-such a load of B******

Options
  • 14-02-2011 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Rang up today looking for insurance on a provisional license age 27 on a 1.2L car. I had previously been an added name on a car for 11 months only( so doesnt count for a NCBonus) Yes i was a late starter!!! When been questioned bout my circumstances they were asking had my family any other policies with them trying their best to accept me.So I got told 'sorry your not eligible for a quote'. Fair enough!!!but then thinking bout it that IF family members had they would have taken me on!!!This is so biased!!!!and unfair

This is really winding me up..if every insurer did this how would anyone get ready for driving-test?
    Surely the Irish Financial regulators cant allow this. They on behalf of the state allow them to operate. And WE the taxpayers funding them all....whole thing makes me sick!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭goodgolfer64

Not only had I 5 years ago been accepted for a job within FBD (but for which I had already accepted another elsewhere)
    also a currently shareholder...makes me laugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Kennie1

And WE the taxpayers funding them all....whole thing makes me sick!!!!!
    No were not funding FBD, they are an insurance company not a bank

sorry whatever the regulatory body is.....
    same with nononsense.ie i see which is connected with FBD... offers you a rough estimate of quote on outside page giving the vital info...then when you further proceed to other info...they dont quote you...unreal!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

There has to be more to this than you're telling us?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I am finding it hard to understand the point you are trying to make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Huh, if you are not eligible, then you are not. Touch luck.

I have a full license, 2 ncb but because i'm male, 25 and wan't to insure a convertible, they wouldn't quote me.

Plenty of others did. I'm not going to rant about it.

Opinicus wrote: »
    There has to be more to this than you're telling us?

theres not,no convictions no penalty points no claims... the annoying thing is they would have insured me if my family had other policies with them???!!!!hows is that right? im 27 with a 1.2L cordoba..64BHP its not exactly a 2.0L celica...with 11 months 3rd party insurance under me....(with Quinndirect) which may as well not happened according to FBD and other insureres
    AMDUBLIN: if every company had the same policies in place how would anyone get driving experience?? driving around fields?? its not like im an 18year old..

JAFFA20: i just had to get it off my chest!!!:) maybe your convertible is a high spec car and with only 2 years NCB thats not enought in your case...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

1) They don't want your business because of the profile you are offering, it's nothing personal
    2) They are prepared to accept your risk because of the supporting business your family have with them, which does reflect their target profile

I don't see a problem here, it's a commercial decision

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My friend has insurance with www.nononscence.ie, female, 27 1.3 swift, provisional licence, no previous driving exp, no family already customers cost her 750euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

did you go to any other insurers, or are you just picking on FBD because you don't work for them.

Did you tell them that you were a shareholder?

did you ask to be put on to a supervisor?

As shareholder, will you or have you contacted either the company secretary or the CEO and demand a quote?

• Advertisement

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    My friend has insurance with www.nononscence.ie, female, 27 1.3 swift, provisional licence, no previous driving exp, no family already customers cost her 750euro.

no rang them after not been able to get quote online on nononsense.ie. and still refused!!!but on front page of website quoted me E908 until you go further with car details....technically misleading you on front page...

ravima wrote: »
    did you go to any other insurers, or are you just picking on FBD because you don't work for them.

Did you tell them that you were a shareholder?

did you ask to be put on to a supervisor?

As shareholder, will you or have you contacted either the company secretary or the CEO and demand a quote?

no just mentioned the job offer as the irony of the thing....i was just so shocked i really should have rang them back!!!....
    Had made contact through powerful people lets say of a top man in FBD to start. He was all friendly knows my family and golfing group i play with. says 'il get someone to take care of that' then send me text of common number to ring.
    then dont get quoted...????
    dont know how i dont fit profile 27years old. 11 months NCB.(which i know counts for nothing) which is retarded..am i too young?

i got insured anyway folks...but a guy told me to try that top guy as he had gotten cheaper quotes for another mate. I suppose im just been stubborn by allowing it to annoy me. but as i say it takes years to build relations with a customer but seconds to ruin one....

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

are you honestly trying to tell us that you will only get a quote from FBD, one of the larger Insurers in Ireland, 'if you know a man who knows a man'?

I find that very difficult to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

So I got told 'sorry your not eligible for a quote'. Fair enough!!!but then thinking bout it that IF family members had they would have taken me on!!!This is so biased!!!!and unfair ...

This is really winding me up..
    im just been stubborn by allowing it to annoy me. but as i say it takes years to build relations with a customer but seconds to ruin one....

You need to ring up FBD again,speak to a supervisor and address your issues to them, as was suggested earlier.

Posting here might get it off your chest, but you won't get answers to your questions.

ravima wrote: »
    are you honestly trying to tell us that you will only get a quote from FBD, one of the larger Insurers in Ireland, 'if you know a man who knows a man'?

I find that very difficult to believe.
    na just another mate of mine got a very good quote 4 years ago through that contact when on provisional aged 20.an actual ridiculous price when i look at what im paying now 7 years older with a small engined vehicle
    SkidMark wrote: »
    You need to ring up FBD again,speak to a supervisor and address your issues to them, as was suggested earlier.

Posting here might get it off your chest, but you won't get answers to your questions.

Skids- thanks for your concern and if perhaps your in the company you can tell Ludlow what i think of him.... and never forget the quote about losing a customer....im sure il get over rejection :confused:

Advertisement