Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a tree

Options
  • 14-02-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I am starting from scratch on my back garden it is facing south east, but wet. Have drainage trenches but still very bad. I would like to grow trees in it but don't know what to choose. I live in an area that gets extremely hard frost lost an entire hedge of poplars last year. Looking for something that gives some interest but does not have to be evergreen, would like fruit but want something at least 10 feet when fully grown.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Not sure about growing fruit trees in persistent damp sites, but other small trees you might consider are Sorbus Acuparia (Mountain Ash) Autumn Spire or one of the many willows/hazels.

Advertisement