Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90 Litre tank should I go a bit bigger?

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Hi my OH purchased me a 90 l tank today. I had been thinking of getting something bigger. It was 250 including a stand. They wont deliver for a few days should i ring them tommorow and go another size up what ya think lads and ladettes? I can add on a few sheckles do yas think its worth spending a tad more or is 90 l big enough. tropical fish set up

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ronan45 wrote: »
    Hi my OH purchased me a 90 l tank today. I had been thinking of getting something bigger. It was 250 including a stand. They wont deliver for a few days should i ring them tommorow and go another size up what ya think lads and ladettes? I can add on a few sheckles do yas think its worth spending a tad more or is 90 l big enough. tropical fish set up

Get the biggest you can afford. You will regret it other wise. Alsomlook second hand. You can get big tanks for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

when you start mate keeping fish, 90l or even 120l will seem huge but honestly its not, you'll regret after a few months not going bigger. great advice above to look second hand. thats what id do. believe it or not, the bigger the easier it is to keep the water at the correct parameters for fish. id go for a nice 200l or 4ft tank, but if you can afford bigger and fit it, go crazy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

OK Chaps ill ring them this morning and see what they have in a bigger tank :) its the fluvial roma 90 litre she ordered

http://www.petstop.ie/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Aquariums_4.html

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I've an old 90 (for various reason), since the day I set it up I've wanted bigger...

The bigger the tank the more stable the water conditions and temp, the more you can put in it to enjoy and the more time you have to react it something does start to go wrong.

he didnt have a 125 in stock so i told her to just get the 90 darn it. Oh well im just a starter. the next one up didnt have a free stand either so the cost was start to double. thanks for feedback. never had fish before looking forward to this. Delivery on friday. I was thinking Sunk WW2 destroyer set up. then thought it was a bit limited so now thinking Old Roman sunken temple type thing :D
    thanks for advice

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have the rom a 90

I went from that to a 189l tank to a 350l in 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭zeptar

Hi my OH purchased me a 90 l tank today. I had been thinking of getting something bigger. It was 250 including a stand.

Hey I was in petstop in airside today looking at this tank, it was 250 euro but had no mention of a free stand (that cost 110 euro). Just wondering which one you got that deal in?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Tanks are kinda like chocolate kimberly biscuits, you never stop at just one of the blasted things.

I've 3 now and I'm eyeing up a 500L tank at the moment, after starting with a 110L tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

mate, this is a great deal, same price for a great tank, 190l jewel w/stand

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/96/73793496.html

zeptar wrote: »
    Hey I was in petstop in airside today looking at this tank, it was 250 euro but had no mention of a free stand (that cost 110 euro). Just wondering which one you got that deal in?
    Thanks

Hi Zeptar ! Well get your butt up to the blanchardstown store buddy and ask for Damien in the aquarium department !
    FLUVIAL ROMA 90 & Stand Included €250.00. It comes in black and oak colours :)
    I think its a special so hurry

• Advertisement

mate, this is a great deal, same price for a great tank, 190l jewel w/stand

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/96/73793496.html

too late she went off on her lonesome and bought it gurrrr
    heart was in right place though.

Silverfish wrote: »
    Tanks are kinda like chocolate kimberly biscuits, you never stop at just one of the blasted things.

I've 3 now and I'm eyeing up a 500L tank at the moment, after starting with a 110L tank.

Holy Moley. Must cost you a small fortune to run all them bad boys, like a mini family or at least a baby lol
    Sounds cool anyway :D
    500 l you could nearly put a baby beluga in it

Hi Zeptar ! Well get your butt up to the blanchardstown store buddy and ask for Damien in the aquarium department !
    FLUVIAL ROMA 90 & Stand Included €250.00. It comes in black and oak colours :)
    I think its a special so hurry

I went back to Airside today and the guy said that all the Roma aquariums were on special offer with the free stand but that the offer was now over. So 360 euro now, pity because its a nice set. Enjoy yours!:D

zeptar wrote: »
    I went back to Airside today and the guy said that all the Roma aquariums were on special offer with the free stand but that the offer was now over. So 360 euro now, pity because its a nice set. Enjoy yours!:D

Bugger, should i ring that chap i bought mine off and see if he has anymore?
    No bother to me!:)

I'd say of the deal is over in swords it'll be over in blanch but ill give em a ring myself and see. Cheers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

OK Chaps ill ring them this morning and see what they have in a bigger tank :) its the fluvial roma 90 litre she ordered

http://www.petstop.ie/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Aquariums_4.html

Got a Clearseal 500 litre tank,cabinet,T5 lights,rocks,wood,sand,soil,Eheim filters,pumps,heaters and a heap load more for 800 euro all in from Petstop in Airside,Swords at Christmass.I haggled like feck with them out in Petstop,showed them my money and told them I wanted the lot in the deal,and they gave me the lot too.

This is my 1st ever tank too,so I jumped right into the deep end.:eek::D

Started to set it up today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

in all fairness no matter what size tank you get you always want bigger :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I have a 180L Jewel Rio and from the second month I wished that I bought larger

It is a good size for the apartment but it is so full, that I can not really add much more to it (be it plants/rocks/fish)

Get as big as you can

Advertisement