Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Trouble

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi everyone.
    I have a Nokia 5800 on the Meteor network. This morning I noticed it had lost all reception bars and I can't make calls, texts or anything on it. I've had perfect reception in this house for the past 4 years or so. I also tried it at work, to no avail. Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could fix it?
    Thanks in advance for your help, it'd be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Did you try restarting the phone?

Did you mess around with the settings?

Do you get any reception in different areas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sounds like you need a new sim card. Any meteor store will give you one free on the spot in a few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Did you try restarting the phone?
    Yes. Many times.
    Did you mess around with the settings?
    Yes.
    Do you get any reception in different areas?
    No, nowhere, and I've tried it at home, at work, and on the journey there.

Davy wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a new sim card. Any meteor store will give you one free on the spot in a few minutes
    Oh that'd be great, I hope you're right. Will this free sim be able to have my old number?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

If its a faulty SIM the customer care in the shop would give you a new sim and just transfer the number onto the new one :)

Mmm my last suggestion would be backup contacts or any other important stuff and try a Factory Reset. If that wouldnt do the trick in case some settings got messed up or something else you would know exactly that its either a hardware problem or the sim problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

If its a faulty SIM the customer care in the shop would give you a new sim and just transfer the number onto the new one :)

Mmm my last suggestion would be backup contacts or any other important stuff and try a Factory Reset. If that wouldnt do the trick in case some settings got messed up or something else you would know exactly that its either a hardware problem or the sim problem.

I doubt some settings could have gotten messed up, I was using it up until I went to sleep and picked it up as soon as I woke up. I think I'll take a trip to the Meteor Store tomorrow and see what they have to say and hopefully it'll be the sim that needs replacing. Thanks a lot to both of you for the help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement