Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Broadband Users and Megaupload fix

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

A simple method (that might not work for some but did for me) is to change your DNS settings to either OpenDNS or Google Public DNS. The following official guide from Google shows you how to do so for latter. I should also add that I disabled the firewall on the UPC Cisco Router in the router settings through the link http://192.168.1.1 . Its easy to do and my Megaupload premium account is now useful. I went from 1 tenth of a MB to 18-22MB on my 20MB package doing this. Hope it works for others. Leave comments please and thank you. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gary Norris

It worked for me once then it went to downloading really slow again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Megaupload is crap. I doubt its UPCs fault :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Kevinf63 wrote: »
    A simple method (that might not work for some but did for me) is to change your DNS settings to either OpenDNS or Google Public DNS. The following official guide from Google shows you how to do so for latter. I should also add that I disabled the firewall on the UPC Cisco Router in the router settings through the link http://192.168.1.1 . Its easy to do and my Megaupload premium account is now useful. I went from 1 tenth of a MB to 18-22MB on my 20MB package doing this. Hope it works for others. Leave comments please and thank you. :)

Mb not MB

Dont confuse the 2

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Kevinf63

Mb not MB

Dont confuse the 2

Whoops, that should read in at about 1.8 - 2.2MByte download or 20Mbit, thanks for the heads up :o

Advertisement