Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody doing a FÁS Work Placement Program (WPP) in Waterford?

• 14-02-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I know this is more a 'Work and Jobs' topic, but this does relate to Waterford City.

I have recently started a WPP about a month ago, and getting good experience. I was wondering if there were anybody in the Waterford City area doing the same thing, what they think of it so far, and if paid employment is a realistic prospect at the end of the WPP.

More specifically, I would be very interested to hear the opinions of local employers in relation to the merits of the scheme. The reason why I ask is because it seems to be somewhat a contentious issue among some posters in the 'Work and Jobs' section. However, it has good intentions of offering fresh graduates the opportunity to get their foot on the career ladder.

Many thanks,

Shalashaska.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I had looked into doing one but there aren't a whole lot in my area of interest at the moment. To be honest, if you check the Fas website for placements in Waterford, quite a lot are for ridiculous things like shop assistants and I've seen ones before for cinema attendants. I've also seen WPP1 placements that required previous experience themselves. :confused:

If you got a good one then fair play but you can understand why it's so contentious when a lot of them seem to be employers chancing their arm

Advertisement