Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Tyrrelstown

Options
  • 14-02-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭

Anyone shop in LIDL Tyrrelstown? Whats the story with all the broken windows?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Newly broken?

Or always broken?? I've never noticed any issues with the windows there.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭gerarda

Over the last few weeks the odd window has been broken, but today about 4 or 5 were smashed.

Oh.

Hmm. Sounds like vandalism?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well so long as the door works and you can get, does it really matter. I shop there quite a lot even though I have a LIDL right across the road from my house. its never busy and never out of stock of things like my Local lidl on the blakestown road is. Perhaps its all the broken windows putting people off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's usually never an issue, I've never noticed it before anyway. Probably some pisshead scum or someone with a grudge. Don't know how it could have gone unnoticed as it happened though with apartments in the area and there's CCTV cameras around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bored eejit teenagers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

What really bugs me about Lidl is the filth on the trolley baby seats, you can't put a child in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Poly wrote: »
    What really bugs me about Lidl is the filth on the trolley baby seats, you can't put a child in them.

Just use them to put the bog-roll in like everyone else :p

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

January wrote: »
    Bored eejit teenagers

This I reckon is the most likely reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Poly wrote: »

Just use a babywipe on them.

• Advertisement

Sharrow wrote: »
    Just use a babywipe on them.

Or bring an old blanket and throw it on the seat before you sit baby there, much more comfortable too.

well so long as the door works and you can get, does it really matter. I shop there quite a lot even though I have a LIDL right across the road from my house. its never busy and never out of stock of things like my Local lidl on the blakestown road is. Perhaps its all the broken windows putting people off...

:eek:

I love the blakestown road with the artisan bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes the bread is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Passed by there last night expecting scenes of devastation, the windows were 'just' cracked, well the ones I saw anyway, they weren't actually smashed as I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

yes the bread is nice.

The pain au chocolat's are very good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sjacob42

They want to make the Doorway larger because as you may know it was very small. You could barely fit your trolley through the door.

Sjacob42 wrote: »
    They want to make the Doorway larger because as you may know it was very small. You could barely fit your trolley through the door.

They're putting in a bakery at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

Aldi's much nicer imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Sjacob42

January wrote: »
    They're putting in a bakery at the moment.

And that as well, but that will be on the right side the way you go in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

amdublin wrote: »
    Oh.

Hmm. Sounds like vandalism?? :(

:p Could have been people from superquinn :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement