Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Does The RTE Weather Start With The Foreign Stuff?

• 15-02-2011 1:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

I don't give a damn what's happening in Madagascar or Denmark. I want to see what'll be falling on my head tomorrow.

The midnight one is 2 minutes long and fifteen seconds of it were devoted to Ireland.

What's the thinking behind this? Is emigration that bad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

the weather is rarely right anyway, now they're spreading their bets;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Dunjohn wrote: »
    I don't give a damn what's happening in Madagascar or Denmark. I want to see what'll be falling on my head tomorrow.

I care more about the penguins, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The midnight one is 2 minutes long and fifteen seconds of it were devoted to Ireland.

Listen, we're in Ireland. The odds are that it's going to rain tomorrow. Seeing the forecast for the Canaries or wherever is the closest to sun we're going to see, so may as well make the most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

After waffling about whats happening elsewhere, they then go on to tell us what the weather was like EARLIER!!! Then they get, briefly, onto the slightlier shakier ground of the future. "It rained today here and here. Its cloudy now, here and here, and , er, tomorrow might be cloudy with a bit of sun and some rain with clear patches, but only in Connaught, and amn't I looking particularily well today in me guna/suit, Nite now".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Yeah? what weather are they giving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

What pizz's me off more is the fact that BBC, Itv etc only give you the weather for NI, never for the Republic !! we could have Hurricane Katrina here and no one else would know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

During the CT years, the gullible ones needed to know how the weather was at their villa in case they could skive off work and jump on a Ryanair flight on a whim.

Others needed to know how the skiing was at various places to keep up with the Jonses next door.

Then there are the "We have five holidays a year don't you know" lot, they had to be constantly in the know.

The rest are likely to be anoraks :p

The first three all seem a bit redundant now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Ricardo G wrote: »
    What pizz's me off more is the fact that BBC, Itv etc only give you the weather for NI, never for the Republic !! we could have Hurricane Katrina here and no one else would know :(
    because we don't pay licence fee for the BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

imme wrote: »
    because we don't pay licence fee for the BBC

Silly ecuse tbh
    Sky news Ireland dont give Irish weather either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Because everyone already gets their Irish weather report from MT Cranium before the news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Because they presume everyone is about to emigrate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ascanbe wrote: »
    Because they presume everyone is about to emigrate?

Do people usually check the weather before they emigrate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Do people usually check the weather before they emigrate?

only if they are going to chile

Advertisement