Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabins

Options
  • 15-02-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I've found a place that does really nice residential log cabins that seem reasonably priced. However they don't include construction costs. Obviously if I decide to pursue this I will meet with them to get a proper idea of cost but I'm just wondering if anyone would have a rough idea how much it would cost to construct a log cabin. Can you work it out per square metre like a traditional build or because all the materials will already be paid for would it just be a set price for the job?

Sorry if this has been done before but I did a search and couldn't find anything relevant.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Gareth2011

Did you ask them if they construct them themselves? Id say thats how it works normally. once you have the land for it to go on your laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭namurt

They say they can recommend builders but the pricing is just for the materials. Was just looking for a rough idea but it doesn't look like anyone can help. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭colorc

Why not contact the builders they recommend as they should be able to give you an approx. cost if they have constructed them before?

I actually ended up filling out a query form on their website and got a reply the following day. Probably should have just done that in the first place.
    Thanks for the replys anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭colorc

If its not too much hassle could you let me know the approx. cost of building a log cabin complete (incl purchase of cabin, labour for building and all drainage and external works etc), and give me the approx. size. Would be interesting to know the dif between going the route of a log cabin home via block/timber frame home.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

The rough quote was 125,000 for a 204sqm log cabin, delivered and built. I'm assuming that doesn't include any ground works so I don't know how much extra they would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 colm devoy

i am looking for some one in or around galway to build a log cabin 4x4 or 4x5 just wondering if anyone knows of someone and how much it may cost

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thierrys other hand

hi colm, did you have any luck with the cabin finding? i'm looking to do the same type of thing or maybe a little bigger. there must be a few floating around that might need taking down or something like that...

Advertisement