Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL down for anyone?

• 15-02-2011 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Ain't working for me at the moment..wondering if it's an issue elsewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Yeah just went off on me. Laptop and ps3 list connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Ain't working for me at the moment..wondering if it's an issue elsewhere.
    Television channels (analogue) working fine here. Haven't cable broadband modem turned on at the moment.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ShakyJ

Seems to be down everywhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Apparently it's down nationwide. So it was probably a planned outage. Just another thing they decided not to tell us in advance. Useless shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

It's been on and off for most of yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

it was off here last night aswell and is still acting up,,can only use it when directly connected to the modem,it wont let me connect through the router:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭rude awakening

Its the same here
    Last two weeks actually, seems to go down around 9:30 till the following morning.
    Only recent that is though.:mad:

it was off here last night aswell and is still acting up,,can only use it when directly connected to the modem,it wont let me connect through the router:mad:

That's not a problem with the internet connection then.

Try turning off router, modem and pc. Turn on the modem first and wait until it is fully started up and lights steady. Then same with the router and then turn on PC. They will correctly assign IP and will hopefully be ok. I often had this issue with old modem and router and it always sorted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i tried all of that deise but it still not working,,it connects for a second and then it dissconnects,,frustrating thing,,have had similar issues with it before because of the ntl broadband but it usualy sorts its self out..its just one of those things

i tried all of that deise but it still not working,,it connects for a second and then it dissconnects,,frustrating thing,,have had similar issues with it before because of the ntl broadband but it usualy sorts its self out..its just one of those things

If the modem is staying connected then it wouldn't be a problem with the NTL connection but a problem with the router connecting to the modem. So that would be different to the problems with NTL dropping out for everyone recently.

NTL can be crap but they can't be blamed for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement