Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Down in Limerick city? (now nationwide!)

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭the_law

Some reports of O2 / IBB going down also... so perhaps it's not just UPC. I'm sure we'll find out tomorrow.

Glad I opted for the Desire and its instant hotspot...

digitaldr wrote: »
    About 20 mins now - thank God for iPhone tethering!

lol yeah, knew that would come in handy on my Android.

Back up here in Raheny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 totomac

down i waterford hour 10mins some joke

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Lost my connection in Limerick just after midnight, the girlfriend lost hers in Dublin at the same time. Both of us on UPC. Came back an hour later though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Planning on switching to the 100mb UPC connection tomorrow. This outage doesn't phase me though. The amount of times that UPC's network has outages is miniscule, compared to other providers. I've been with UPC about 3 years now, and from a BB point of view, I've only experienced minor problems about 3/4 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

roast wrote: »
    Planning on switching to the 100mb UPC connection tomorrow. This outage doesn't phase me though. The amount of times that UPC's network has outages is miniscule, compared to other providers. I've been with UPC about 3 years now, and from a BB point of view, I've only experienced minor problems about 3/4 times.

I second that, Infact, my connection in the past 4 years has only gone about 3/4 times.

Also looking forward to the 100mb line, They are upgraded the lines in my estate at the moment. Should be done by may!!

Thats going to be a fun day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

was a brief hic-cup in de west. 1o mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Jonathan wrote: »
    Down nationwide it would appear.

I agree.

upc went down here in swords dublin at 12:00 or there abouts and came back on at exactly 1:25 it messed my work up argggg.

hey UPC DARREN whats going on ? did a meteorite hit upc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

Went down for me as well, naturally when it happened I went ballistic, but in all fairness, it went down, they resolved it in just over an hour despite it being midnight. I rarely have an outage and when I do, I'm furious, once its back as long as it was quick, I don't mind because I know 100% uptime is not feasible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

ShakyJ wrote: »
    If if is maintenance they should be warning customers!

thats correct. they should. must have been a satt problem. at least i know now that the problem wasn't primerily swords again of which we have had in the past nothing but problems so thats ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I was on skype with my nephew last night when both of our UPC connections went down, firefox froze,xfire and irc disconnected,yet the video call we were having wasn't affected. I'm curious as to how this was possible. I don't think a new call to another contact would have been possible, because the Skype icon was in the connect mode, but yet the call quality wasn't affected at all.
    Not a complaint btw, UPC have been A1 since I changed.

Advertisement