Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 Cent Leaving Interscope/Aftermath?

• 15-02-2011 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

Don't know if this is real or not but look at 50's Twitter. ( www.twitter.com/50cent )

"Jimmy iovine and dre mad at me cause I'm doing sleek by 50."

"I guess I'm not going to be on detox Lol"

"I'm a little hurt jimmy and dre feel like that but f*ck it. I'm focused I got a surprise for everybody this go round."

"Would you faint if I told you I just wrote a verse about jimmy and dre. Oh my god this is hard. This **** gonna kill"

"Em gonna have a heart attack when he hear this sh*t damn lol"

I don't know if 50's joking or if it's real.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

"I don't get it when they did there deal I didn't get up set. Now I'm mad they didn't put me or EM in that deal. F*ck this sh*t I QUITE"

Make of that what you will? *Think it's meant to say "QUIT" btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

He's coming across as quite an idiot, imo.

Honestly can't tell if he's joking or not, could be an attempt to gain some publicity for his headphones?

"Okok I'm done talkin bout jimmy n dre, I love them, they hate me, so what?...f*ck it. Lol"

50 isn't stupid, he knows what he's doing here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Nothing to see here move along people. Everyone at Interscope/Aftermath is fully behind 50 and his future plans. I have never had any disagreements with him and I see him as being a son to me.

Also buy I Need a Doctor on iTunes now.

Seriously though I wouldn't take it too seriously. 50 is one of the most cunning men I've seen in my life. He managed to bank a couple of mill off a single tweet. He definitely has plans behind it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

id love to see this potential beef happen, hip hop needs beef its all about being competitive as mc's thats hip hop and it will be entertaining as fu*k as most of 50's beefs are, the downfall of one of the biggest trio's in hip hop history dre,em and 50, who will em side with it? will he get involved?.

50 could buy out his contract at interscope just like jay z did his, its heavily rumored he's on his way to def jam the last few months anyway with g unit because sha money of gunit is the vice president over there.

slim the mobster who is signed to gunit/aftermath and shady was sending subliminal shots at 50 on twitter last night also he says he would ride with dre, slim is also a ghostwriter for dre for detox, according to him its because rick ross might be on detox and 50 aint likin it.

i dont think anything is going to happen though, but the taught of it would be epic.

its all about the headphones according to 50, but this aint the first time 50 said fu*k jimmy iovine :D, and jimmy wasnt happy back then over this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭jasonf9ace

As far as i know g unit already signed a deal last year with EMI anyway

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They've all kissed and made up again.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    They've all kissed and made up again.

fu*k it anyway would of like to of seen this go down.

Guess we'll never hear that Dre and Jimmy diss....

according to 50 he only patched things up with jimmy, dre looks piss*d like a motherfuc*er here.

gaurntee you 50 wont be on detox after this.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhx501Az9D4rRx0S3m

• Advertisement

It's all publicity..there is no feud or anything, Dre is just playing along. At the end of the day its free publicity for 50 and Dre and their respective products (Beats/Sleek). It also keeps both their names in the media which wouldn't bother Dre seeing as he has an album coming out I think??

All 50 did was post a couple tweets from his phone, took a couple of minutes in total. Dre didn't have to do a thing - now every hip hop site and radio station is talking about them, everyone on Twitter is taking notice, TMZ are following the two of them around and everyones speculating on whether or not 50 will be on Dre's album.

All that promotion and it didn't cost either of them a penny. 50 is a marketing genius, no one can deny that.

Advertisement