Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waste collection service that doesn't require your to recycle?

Options
  • 15-02-2011 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

hey guys

Is there any waste collection service in cork that will take all your rubbish together in one bag so you don't have to separate?

Then I can recycle stuff like just bottles myself at the bottle bank.

Just used to living in apartment blocks where you can feck anything in the bin and drop it in the communal skip.

I know i may be open to a bashing about not recycling!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

juzzy wrote: »
    hey guys

Is there any waste collection service in cork that will take all your rubbish together in one bag so you don't have to separate?

Then I can recycle stuff like just bottles myself at the bottle bank.

Just used to living in apartment blocks where you can feck anything in the bin and drop it in the communal skip.

I know i may be open to a bashing about not recycling!!

God only knows why you are looking to go out of your way not to recycle - but there is no requirement for you to do it. You can put whatever you like into a black bag and put it into your general refuse bin, nobody is going to check what is in there, and they will certainly not be bothered if you recycle or not. I believe you will still get charged for both bins though, package deal I would say. Unless you could specifically ask just for the refuse bin maybe.

I can't figure out why you do not want to recycle - its as easy to do it than not do it.

Think about the Children!!!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

OP says they are in an apartment, even I, an ardent advocate of recycling/environmentalism think there is no point in even trying to recycle if management company's/other tenants dont give a stuff.
    Sure I saw people binning stuff that was free to take away, management company's don't care and neither do most apartment residents.

I will stand to be corrected by anyone that lives in a complex that both has a good management and where everyone bands together and separates their waste, I find it hard to believe they exist but even then I'd hazard a guess that there are problems with people who simply do not give a stuff/are too lazy. Just takes one.

Advertisement