Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It's great the long bright days are coming back!

• 15-02-2011 3:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I'm so happy the long bright daylight evenings are coming back and hopefully with some heat for the Summertime.

Can picture it now, Summertime 3pm on a Saturday out the back or at a beer garden , laying back enjoying the sun and having a few bottles. Maybe the burger cooking on the BBQ. The casual strolling around in a T-Shirt and flowery shorts.

Just thought I would share that with everyone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yeah i was thinking the same yesterday afternoon at half 5, there was a grand stretch in the evening. roll on the days of arse vinegar, the wolf and bagpeel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I miss the snow already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Prefer the early dark evenings myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Prefer the early dark evenings myself.

Noting wrong with them either they can be just as relaxing. Just something about a nice warm sunny day. The thoughts of which seem to warm inside me at the moment.

Suppose, what I am saying it is something to look forward too. And that in this country is; well hard to come by these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

ye bring on the summer sleepin all day and drinkin all night we wont be wasting our time!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Its dark outside now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

tommy21 wrote: »
    Its dark outside now.

Let there be light...

(was talking about earlier in the OP!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Cant wait for those long nights of saying to myself 'It's too f*cking hot to sleep even with the window wide open' and 'why is my ball sack is always so damn sweaty'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Not for me, the days are getting shorter here.

Now people will be able to see me running in the evening :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

We're all going to die eventually though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

bluewolf wrote: »
    Now people will be able to see me running in the evening :(

Yes, Crimecall do most of their filming during this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Long evenings are grand when it's warm and you can sit outside and enjoy em, but on a cold evening i prefer if to be dark whilst i sit inside beside a fire and waste my night watching TV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'd be happy with 18 hours of sunlight followed by 6 hours of dusk all year round myself. The only good thing about night is looking up at the sky.

Never really understood those people who start closing drapes and complaining when the sun comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

aye, harvest will be good this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I've noticed the stretch in the evening over the last few days but I've also noticed something that i've never noticed before until 4am.

The birds have been chirping before 1am like it's 4 or 5 am ,what up with that??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

seamus wrote: »
    Never really understood those people who start closing drapes and complaining when the sun comes out.

It puts a glare on my screen which is pain when I want to play video games :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

grand stretch in the evenings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Evening racing will be back soon....... \o/

Well, end of April :p

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭xxfelix

msg11 wrote: »
    I'm so happy the long bright daylight evenings are coming back and hopefully with some heat for the Summertime.

Can picture it now, Summertime 3pm on a Saturday out the back or at a beer garden , laying back enjoying the sun and having a few bottles. Maybe the burger cooking on the BBQ. The casual strolling around in a T-Shirt and flowery shorts.

:) Roll on the summer evenings! Cant wait myself - Just the brightness will bring cheer to so many people! Plus im going to kerry for a week in the summer and it means its getting closer:D

• Advertisement

Seems like there's a stretch in the night today, still dark out ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Boooo, prefer dark evenings. do like dusk during the summer though.

I'm looking forward to the evenings of going paying football in just a t-shirt and shorts instead of t-shirt, skins, hoody, hat, shorts & gloves like it is now!

Sweating before you even start playing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

You forget the rain :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I can't wait to drive around with all my windows open listening to Summertime by Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

xxfelix wrote: »
    im going to kerry for a week in the summer and it means its getting closer:D

Wow, the recession really has hit some people really hard. Sorry to hear that felix. :P Just kidding I'm sure Kerry will be lovely, I'll send you a postcard from Thailand when I go on my holiday.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Six weeks till I can ride my bike with no feckin lights (or gloves). Then 5 months of sunshine and no rain. Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Six weeks till I can ride my bike with no feckin lights (or gloves). Then 5 months of sunshine and no rain. Woohoo!

Where do you live :pac:

Usually you know its an Irish summer as the rain is slightly warmer than other times of the year.

I hate our summers, its muggy, sticky humidity instead of heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭xxfelix

NothingMan wrote: »
    Wow, the recession really has hit some people really hard. Sorry to hear that felix. :P Just kidding I'm sure Kerry will be lovely, I'll send you a postcard from Thailand when I go on my holiday.

:D Thanks for that actually....3 kids and a s**t load of debt i'm amazed im making it to kerry and cant wait but enjoy Thailand hope sunami dont hit! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

xxfelix wrote: »
    :D Thanks for that actually....3 kids and a s**t load of debt i'm amazed im making it to kerry and cant wait but enjoy Thailand hope sunami dont hit! :p

I hope a tsunami does hit, I enjoy surfing :pac:. Your kids are lucky, my childhood holidays were always to Mosney.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

You obviously dont cut the grass round your house:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I've noticed the stretch in the evening over the last few days but I've also noticed something that i've never noticed before until 4am.

The birds have been chirping before 1am like it's 4 or 5 am ,what up with that??

I've noticed that as well. They usually have a bit of a sing song around 12 at night out side my window. Somebody should tell them to go to bed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

I've noticed that as well. They usually have a bit of a sing song around 12 at night out side my window. Somebody should tell them to go to bed...

It's weird because I've only noticed this year ,usually when you hear them it's nearly time to get up ,not go to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I suffer from SAD and everyday I watch the evenings lenghten I feel myself coming alive again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Kasabian wrote: »
    I suffer from SAD and everyday I watch the evenings lenghten I feel myself coming alive again. :)

Its a great feeling isnt it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

If you stop coming will it stop raining? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I hear ya! :D

Advertisement