Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Betfair Laying advice?

• 15-02-2011 4:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭

Hello everyone, (yes I cant sleep :rolleyes:)
    Anyway I was just looking for some general advice on laying bets with Betfair. I have never tried it before myself but it looks interesting if you can get it right.

Has anyone here had much success with it? if so what do you find are the best bets to lay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I know of a book called "winning on betfair for dummies" which I found very useful when I first started using betfair. You could try that out it helped me.

What sport to do you plan to specialize in? It's one thing laying teams/horses but you may also need to find exit points in your chosen market. Discipline is everything and you need to have a clear plan of what you hope to invest and margin you require.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

Football is the best method to earning some profit by laying. Also note you don't need to use Betfair, Betdaq is also an option.

Google Betcalc and bookmark it. Use their back/lay hedge to work out your bets. For instance if you've layed a team at 1.5 for €50 and their odds in the match are now 4.0, you'd bet €18.75 at those odds for a guaranteed return of €31.25 regardless of the outcome.

European football, especially the lower tier leagues are a great way to get started as these games are very unpredictable and you'll make a few bob if you stick to just a couple of games at a time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

My thanks to all who replied I appreciate the help, Ill certainly look into all your comments ;)

Advertisement