Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit Picking in Victoria & Tasmania

Options
  • 15-02-2011 6:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all

myself and two of my mates are looking for work as fruit pickers in victoria or tasmania, i've looked at the "harvesttrail.com.au" but i've only found a few.

Can anyone else recommand where else i could look for work in this field, either online or in papers?

Also can anyone else suggest any other work that will count towards trying to get my second year visa.

Cheers in adavance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

fruit picking is sh*te and you work long hours and get little pay,

Try contacting this hostel in Griffith. Its in NSW close to Victoria. Its a good working hostel with better jobs than fruit picking. I did loads of jobs there from working on farms to working in a Winery for yellow tail.

The hostel owner is a good bloke, he will tell you on the phone if he has work or not and wont waste your time.

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/+90996-The-Globe-Backpackers-Griffith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

This has all the jobs that you can use towards your second visa

(also in the sticky)

Advertisement