Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New RLI website

• 15-02-2011 9:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

For those who havent heard or seen RLI have launched their new website.

http://www.rli.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Were Irish web design and hosting companies not good enough for RLI? Shame on whoever managed the project. Shame on RLI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 fanofrl

old gregg wrote: »
    Were Irish web design and hosting companies not good enough for RLI? Shame on whoever managed the project. Shame on RLI.

I think you need to realise that the RLI is funded by the RFL based in the UK. I've no idea of the hosts, but it looks the same as the scotland rl and wales rl sites, so one would assume that the RLI got a good deal on it or were asked to use them by the RFL.
    The rli is sponsored by and get their kit from Azzurri, an Irish company in Waterford. How many of our national teams use an Irish kit manufacturer. not the IRFU, nor FAI. Can you name many or any?
    Cop on and stop knocking for the sake of knocking.

cop on and stop knocking for the sake of knocking? I think you're barking up the wrong tree there.
    We all understand where RLI gets funding. We also realise that RLI is an organisation with little credibility in Ireland. The new site is technically poor, does little to promote Ireland and is awash with banners for Irish people to find their nearest club ...... near Wakefield.

Seriously, how does this do anything to promote the game in Ireland? It's a farce and the kind of farce that marks the very way RLI conducts itself as an organisation in this country. Many sports web sites in Ireland are produced for free in return for promotion, that goes for RL sites too. I'm guessing there are possibly RL players who work for web companies who would happily take on a small project like the RLI site. I bet RLI never even offered the contract to their Irish members.

To many it's just a foreign site for a foreign organisation and that should not be the case. I'm not knocking for the sake of it, I'm knocking because this is Ireland and the foreign site lets the sport and Ireland down.

old gregg wrote: »
    To many it's just a foreign site for a foreign organisation and that should not be the case. I'm not knocking for the sake of it, I'm knocking because this is Ireland and the foreign site lets the sport and Ireland down.

Sorry pal but this smacks of the usual hypocracy. Criticising the RLI for not using an Irish web hosting company. You yourself posted on boards today about buying goods on line from outside ireland and then tossing the invoice in the bin with no attampt to pay import duty. I suppose you only heat your house with Bord Na Mona, no gas or oil that's imported I hope ! and never shop in Tescos or buy petrol from a non Irish distributor, or post pn line from a foreign purchased PC and probably have a foreign ISP. And look through your music collection-- only buy Irish again. Thought not.
    Please get real and recognise that (as said previously) the RLIs greatest expense is wages and they are paid from the RFL, the second greatest expense is kit and that my friend is from an Irish company.

golly fanofrl, your petulant outburst smacks of a little more than just manic hysteria.
    If you'd done your boards stalking honestly you'd have read that other thread differently.
    I'll not feed you any more so feel free to rave away.

• Advertisement

Fair enough. I suppose i did go off on one there !!!!
    I was just making the point, let's support all Irish sport and the many volunteers who make up these organisations. it's not a perfect environment to do business in and our world is getting smaller. Doin business outside the country sometimes is the best option.

Advertisement