Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and Run Bodkin Roundabout 4.50pm 14th Feb

Options
  • 15-02-2011 9:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I am just enquirng for anyones help that may have witnessed a hit and run at the bodkin roundabout (the one with the traffic lights beside galway shopping centre) at around 4.50pm yesterday 14th February.

The vehicle that done the hit and run was a pale blue fiat punto reg 04 G ...., and hit into my car a red toyota corrola 2004.
    I was stopped at the lights where the next exit was the Galway shopping centre exit when the Punto hit my rear passengers door on the drivers side, she then moved and drove swiftly up the sean mulvoy road.

If anyone has witnessed this can you please pm me.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sorry to hear of your accident.

Try talking to security in the shopping centre; their car park cameras may have caught something.

Also try the Topaz and ESB at the other end of Sean Mulvoy Road.

Hope you find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

Thanks!

I have been in touch with the Gardaí I will leave them take care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Luveen wrote: »
    Hi,

I am just enquirng for anyones help that may have witnessed a hit and run at the bodkin roundabout (the one with the traffic lights beside galway shopping centre) at around 4.50pm yesterday 14th February.

The vehicle that done the hit and run was a pale blue fiat punto reg 04 G ...., and hit into my car a red toyota corrola 2004.
    I was stopped at the lights where the next exit was the Galway shopping centre exit when the Punto hit my rear passengers door on the drivers side, she then moved and drove swiftly up the sean mulvoy road.

If anyone has witnessed this can you please pm me.

Thanks for any help.

somewhere in galway there is a fiat punto in need of repair. ring the garages.
    put it out on galway Bay FM or the Advertiser.

a long shot would be to drive around Housing estates of Galway. amybe its parked in front of someones house as we speak.

what damage was done to their car?

Thanks!

that could take a while. they are seriously understaffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Thanks!

I wouldn't hold my breath, was sitting in my car (in a parking space) when another speeding car took the wing mirror off on St. Mary's Road, smashing it to pieces.

Took note of the make, colour and reg, called in to the guards, gave them the details, and never heard another thing about it. Tried ringing a few times but I had to 'speak to the guard that took the details' and he was either 'off that night' or 'out on patrol' every time I rang. I eventually gave up trying.

It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence when they search around for an envelope or a bit of printer paper to take down the details of the crime. No doubt to be later filed in the round 'filing cabinet' on the floor.

wastepaper+bin.JPG

Handy way to keep the crime stats down, no doubt...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That is why I tell people to go to the station where they gotta log it in the BOOK and make it into a real stat ....not something in the notebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Luveen

The Garda I delt with seemed very helpfull, after I put the claim in, she rang me back a few hours later said she may have the location of the car and called to the house but no car and nobody was home. So she was going to call back either later this evening or tomorow and let me know.

She seemed helpful anyway, we'll see if she actually follows up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭pollypigwash

That's pretty crap.

Same thing happened to me this evening at the Terryland Roundabout

My green VW Polo was rear-ended by a light blue 95D Blue Honda Civic at 18.40.

I stopped at the roundabout and got out but it wasn't a very safe place so I pulled a bit further down the road. The car had pulled in behind me, still wasn't safe to get out, so I pulled in at the entrance to Castlelawn Heights 15m or so further away and the other car took off straight ahead.

I've reported it to the Gardai at Mill Street and the Garda said he'd look into it and check CCTV and get back to me. They also radioed all patrol cars to be on the look for it. We'll see what comes of it Bit of a bummer though

That's pretty crap.

Same thing happened to me this evening at the Terryland Roundabout

My green VW Polo was rear-ended by a light blue 95D Blue Honda Civic at 18.40.

I stopped at the roundabout and got out but it wasn't a very safe place so I pulled a bit further down the road. The car had pulled in behind me, still wasn't safe to get out, so I pulled in at the entrance to Castlelawn Heights 15m or so further away and the other car took off straight ahead.

I've reported it to the Gardai at Mill Street and the Garda said he'd look into it and check CCTV and get back to me. They also radioed all patrol cars to be on the look for it. We'll see what comes of it Bit of a bummer though

the area is notorious for joyriding and speeding in the early hours and why not, as the guards are rarely seen in the suburbs. have a look in the estates around the area and you may find your man.

Advertisement